Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 883 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
How to style an asp.net menu with CSS

I remember the StaticSelectedStyle-CssClass attribute used to work in ASP.NET 2.0. And in .NET 4.0 if you change the Menu control's RenderingMode attribute "Table" (thus making it render the menu as <table>s and sub-<table>s like it did back '05) it will at least write your specified StaticSelectedStyle-CssClass into the proper html element.

That may be enough for you page to work like you want. However my work-around for the selected menu item in ASP 4.0 (when leaving RenderingMode to its default), is to mimic the control's generated "selected" CSS class but give mine the "!important" CSS declaration so my styles take precedence where needed.

For instance by default the Menu control renders an "li" element and child "a" for each menu item and the selected menu item's "a" element will contain class="selected" (among other control generated CSS class names including "static" if its a static menu item), therefore I add my own selector to the page (or in a separate stylesheet file) for "static" and "selected" "a" tags like so:

a.selected.static
{
background-color: #f5f5f5 !important;
border-top: Red 1px solid !important;
border-left: Red 1px solid !important;
border-right: Red 1px solid !important;
}

I don't know why all the answers over here are so confusing. I found a quite simpler one. Use a css class for the asp:menu, say, mainMenu and all the menu items under this will be "a tags" when rendered into HTML. So you just have to provide :hover property to those "a tags" in your CSS.
See below for the example:

<asp:Menu ID="mnuMain" Orientation="Horizontal" runat="server" Font-Bold="True" Width="100%" CssClass="mainMenu">
<Items>
<asp:MenuItem Text="Home"></asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem Text="About Us"></asp:MenuItem>
</Items>
</asp:Menu>

And in the CSS, write:

.mainMenu { background:#900; }
.mainMenu a { color:#fff; }
.mainMenu a:hover { background:#c00; color:#ff9; }

I hope this helps. :)