Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 444 Vote(s) - 3.66 Average
How to version control CMS content (e.g. Drupal), given that we use git for code

what is the best git workflow for web development team who use cms? Let me explain the situation.
In our last project we moved to git for version control.

First we tried distributed version control, where each member had each own git repo and pushed/pulled to a bare repo. However, since we used Drupal (*but Druapl not the only cms that does it*) we relied on modules. When creating a layout of a page Drupal(module) will generate it's own HTML, which is sent to DB.

SO the problem arisez when we push source code of the template to bare repo, the other developer can pull it but the changes of the db stay in the local db. At some point we gave up this style of workflow and started to work one a sigle server.

And on a next project we simply started to work on one server and tried to create as many templates as possible, so that those templates would over ride modules attempts to creste it's own HTML which would be sent to DB. **But my question is, did any of you have this problem and how did you solve it?**

This problem, it seems, to be specific to web development simply because of the DB.

I think this question is a generic one and not really specific to git or Druapl, it's more of a version-control-workflow with cms problem.

See the correct answer in the comment by **simont**:

Here are the links from the comment:

[To see links please register here]

[To see links please register here]