Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 507 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
IDS tutorial

here is a nice write up on learning about IDS !
here is the link. :smile:

[To see links please register here]

i think we all know (or can at least gather for ourselves) what an IDS is. lets get a little more in depth and talk about mechanisms of implementation

IDS + IPS is what would be more beneficial IDS is good for seeing what happens but if you want actual prevention you may need to look at IPS

Quote:(12-26-2018, 01:05 PM)lanku Wrote:

IDS + IPS is what would be more beneficial IDS is good for seeing what happens but if you want actual prevention you may need to look at IPS

good point

the link is still active.

Very basic tutorial id suggest you add more info on setting up a NIDS and HIDS both on a host

Quote:(07-03-2019, 04:02 PM)Mahal Wrote:

Very basic tutorial id suggest you add more info on setting up a NIDS and HIDS both on a host
That would be possible if he owns the site, however, that's not the case. I doubt that he would write one, since most of the users here are home users and such an advanced setup is not needed.

I'm a home user too I have comodo hids&nids
I keep monitoring start-up files program's etc

Quote:(07-03-2019, 04:02 PM)Mahal Wrote:

well, I did not make this tutorial.

I've had Snort running a while back, and provided you've configured rules effectively based on your environment, It's a very powerful detection system.

It may be a little complex to Initially setup, but certainly worthy of Implementing.