Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 226 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
IOS 13: spacing Issue with UITextField rightView

I am facing a spacing issue with a right view of UITextField in IOS 13, See my following code and screenshot of ios 13 and ios 12.4

In IOS 12.4 simulator display proper space in the right view (UIButton)of UITextField

In IOS 13.0 simulator has a spacing issue in the right view (UIButton)of UITextField

let dropdownButton = UIButton(frame: CGRect(x: 0, y: 0, width: 50, height: txtField.frame.height))
dropdownButton.backgroundColor = UIColor.clear
dropdownButton.setImage(UIImage(named: "ic_DownArrow"), for: UIControl.State())
txtField.rightView = dropdownButton
txtField.rightViewMode = .always

[![enter image description here][1]][1]
[![enter image description here][2]][2]

[1]:

[2]:

you can change right padding and left padding from the extension which I made
you can use IBDesignable or not as you see

import UIKit

@IBDesignable
extension UITextField {

@IBInspectable var paddingLeftCustom: CGFloat {
get {
return leftView!.frame.size.width
}
set {
let paddingView = UIView(frame: CGRect(x: 0, y: 0, width: newValue, height: frame.size.height))
if leftView == nil {
leftView = paddingView
leftViewMode = .always
}

}
}

@IBInspectable var paddingRightCustom: CGFloat {
get {
return rightView!.frame.size.width
}
set {
let paddingView = UIView(frame: CGRect(x: 0, y: 0, width: newValue, height: frame.size.height))
if rightView == nil {
rightView = paddingView
rightViewMode = .always
}

}
}
}

Another solution I came across for this is to set `translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints` to `true` for the view you are assigning to `leftView` for iOS 13+ and `false` otherwise.

This worked for me and it also solves the issue that happens in iPhone X/11, when the rightView takes up full width of the textField:
```
txtField.rightView = dropdownButton
txtField.translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints = false
txtField.rightView?.widthAnchor.constraint(equalToConstant: 50).isActive = true
```

Set the width constraint for the leftView or rightView you're adding.

leftImageView.widthAnchor.set(to: 30.0)
textField.leftView = leftImageView
textField.leftViewMode = .always

Here's the extension I use to set the width constraint:

extension NSLayoutDimension {

@discardableResult
func set(
to constant: CGFloat,
priority: UILayoutPriority = .required
) -> NSLayoutConstraint {

let cons = constraint(equalToConstant: constant)
cons.priority = priority
cons.isActive = true
return cons
}
}

I resove the same problem by set this:

override textField `rightViewRectForBounds:` method,

```
- (CGRect)rightViewRectForBounds:(CGRect)bounds {
if (self.rightView) {
CGRect rightFrame = self.rightView.frame;
return CGRectMake(bounds.size.width - rightFrame.size.width, 0, rightFrame.size.width, bounds.size.height);
}
return CGRectZero;
}
```

Apparently this was a change in the way rightViewRect(forBounds:) behaves in iOS 13 Beta 5.

From the iOS & iPadOS 13 Developer Beta 5 Release Notes:

> UIKit - Resolved Issues
>
Prior to iOS 13, UITextField assumed that the frames of its leftView and rightView were correctly set when assigned and would never change. Starting in iOS 13, the implementation of leftViewRect(forBounds:) and rightViewRect(forBounds:) now ask the view for its systemLayoutSizeFitting(:). To achieve the previous behavior when linking against and running on iOS 13, add explicit sizing constraints on the view, wrap it in a plain UIView, or subclass the view and implement systemLayoutSizeFitting(:). (51787798)

So Add Auto-Layout constraints to your custom view that you added to the rightView

Example:-

override func rightViewRect(forBounds bounds: CGRect) -> CGRect {
return CGRect(x: bounds.width - 30, y: 0, width: 20 , height: bounds.height)
}

I got it to work using Bruno's method.

1) Create a container view and set its width and height using auto layout. Width and height should include the subview's size + required spacing.

2) Create the subview you want to show in the text field. Set the width, height, and layout using auto layout. Add it to the container view.

3) Add the container view to the text field

You can see my container matches the height of the text field. The width is the width of the button (44), plus the spacing I want (16). When I add my subview I'll align it to the left of the container. That will give me 16px spacing between the right of the button and the edge of the text field.

let forgotButtonContainer = UIView()
forgotButtonContainer.translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints = false
forgotButtonContainer.widthAnchor.constraint(equalToConstant: 44.0 + 16.0).isActive = true
forgotButtonContainer.heightAnchor.constraint(equalToConstant: 48.0).isActive = true

forgotButton = PFSecondaryButton(link: "Forgot?")
forgotButton.translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints = false
forgotButtonContainer.addSubview(forgotButton)

forgotButton.topAnchor.constraint(equalTo: forgotButtonContainer.topAnchor).isActive = true
forgotButton.leftAnchor.constraint(equalTo: forgotButtonContainer.leftAnchor).isActive = true
forgotButton.bottomAnchor.constraint(equalTo: forgotButtonContainer.bottomAnchor).isActive = true

passwordField.rightView = forgotButtonContainer

Probably your image is smaller than `width: 50, height: txtField.frame.height`, so your button is reduced.

You can try add some container:
```
let dropdownButton = UIButton(frame: CGRect(x: 0, y: 0, width: 50, height: txtField.frame.height))
dropdownButton.backgroundColor = .clear
dropdownButton.setImage(UIImage(named: "ic_DownArrow"), for: UIControl.State())
let container = UIView(frame: dropdownButton.frame)
container.backgroundColor = .clear
container.addSubview(dropdownButton)
txtField.rightView = container
txtField.rightViewMode = .always
```