Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 380 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Importing databases in prestashop

I have a big database in Access with products I want to insert in Prestashop!
I've read about the database import in prestashop but didnt find anything about access db import. Is there a way to import this database in prestashop?
Or am I supposed to write sql queries to add these products. I have read the source code of prestashop like `Products.php` or `ObjectModel.php`like said here:`http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16068141/prestashop-insert-products-script`. So is the only way to write sql queries?
Thanks!

PrestaShop have tools to import products from CSV, you can check it in BO > Advanced Parameters > CSV Import. You can choose what you want to import, products, categories, attributes etc. If your file is too big you supposed to split it to few small files.

As Agnes said CSV will be the option.

Since I still don't have enough rep I can comment on his response but I'd like to add that in the CSV import page you can find templates for the CSV may be useful if you are not used to Prestashop Product Fields.

Also if you upload the images to a temporal folder and add the URLS in the product CSV the images will be imported and added to the product.

If is the first product upload I'll also recommend you to set up the IDs for the products this way if something doesn't fit or you want to change the uploaded products you can do it just by ID or simply delete all previous products and import the new ones.

Good luck.

Import is very complecated in PrestaShop, and not really fonctionnal.

I recommand to use the module Migration pro. Is a paid module, but it works really fine, i've used it a lot.

Otherwise, you can read this article (in french), you have the list of table to import. After that, you can import images and regenerate them.

Good luck ;)

Modern Prestashop can directly import xls/xlsx files<br>
It is much better choice than CSV because you don`n have mess with field delimiters.<br>
Export from Access to Excel should not be problem.<br>
Native Import through web admin GIU is very good.<br>
But you need some practice:<br>
1. Make file with few products - you can delete them later if you not satisfied with results of import.<br>
2. Look carefuly at field mappings. Maybe you will fail at first attempt or miss some mapping - thats why you need to import few products first.<br>

If possible try to use the built in webservice api or you can make your own custom import module