Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 286 Vote(s) - 3.58 Average
Is 32GB RAM worth it?

I use 32GB of corsair vengeance 1866mhz... I multitask like crazy, and I can tell the difference.

Yeah, really depends what you're going to use it for.

Multitasking/VM's/Compiling bigass programs/Lots of Video Editing, you're going to like the extra RAM

But for a normal user, 16gb is more than enough.

I have 32gb in my desktop atm, and really the only time i even get close to making it worth it is when i'm running 2+ VM's, and programming/compiling outside of the VM too (which is quite often, actually).

Otherwise I had 16gb and I was fine, too. Didn't run the VM's back then, though.

Quote:(12-17-2016, 06:22 AM)Skullmeat Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I use 32GB of corsair vengeance 1866mhz... I multitask like crazy, and I can tell the difference.

Agree.

Multitasking Is the biggest Ram killer. On my 4GB lappy, I once (literally) had over 60 tabs open In FF and due to the nature of the websites, my Ram dropped to 200MB (available) and was struggling to even open MS Paint. There's absolutely no harm In having an overkill of physically Installed memory. If It's affordable, simply do It.

Depends on what you need it for. For gaming probably not but if you use a ton of virtual machines for examples I might look into it.

Quote:(12-17-2016, 02:10 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-17-2016, 06:22 AM)Skullmeat Wrote:

Agree.

Multitasking Is the biggest Ram killer. On my 4GB lappy, I once (literally) had over 60 tabs open In FF and due to the nature of the websites, my Ram dropped to 200MB (available) and was struggling to even open MS Paint. There's absolutely no harm In having an overkill of physically Installed memory. If It's affordable, simply do It.

I really saw my ram shine when dealing with creative suite. After Effects and Premiere Pro really benefit from it.

Quote:(12-17-2016, 05:27 PM)Mystique Wrote:

but if you use a ton of virtual machines for examples I might look into it.

I can conclusively confirm that VMs (running simultaneously) are quite resource hungry- namely Ram.

Some Virtual Machines are more demanding than others. For example, I find that "Hyper-V" (a VM defaulted to various Windows Server and Windows 8/8.1/10 editions), chews more Ram than the likes of VirtualBox and VMWare Workstation. As said, I'd rather have more Ram than not. You never know when you may need It.

Depends on what you're going to do.

Quote:(12-18-2016, 01:42 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-17-2016, 05:27 PM)Mystique Wrote:

but if you use a ton of virtual machines for examples I might look into it.

I can conclusively confirm that VMs (running simultaneously) are quite resource hungry- namely Ram.

Some Virtual Machines are more demanding than others. For example, I find that "Hyper-V" (a VM defaulted to various Windows Server and Windows 8/8.1/10 editions), chews more Ram than the likes of VirtualBox and VMWare Workstation. As said, I'd rather have more Ram than not. You never know when you may need It.

I completely agree, but if its for a work PC where all your doing is checking mail and playing solitary you don't need it.

LOL, here I am celebrating getting a 4gb laptop while people using 16GB PCs... Why has technology advanced in such a messed up way, Microsoft Office used to fit in 1mb Floppy disk, games in 3d used to be max 200mb. 512mb of RAM could play FIFA 2000, with just single core, but this days...

Quote:(12-18-2016, 07:31 PM)BORW3 Wrote:

LOL, here I am celebrating getting a 4gb laptop while people using 16GB PCs... Why has technology advanced in such a messed up way, Microsoft Office used to fit in 1mb Floppy disk, games in 3d used to be max 200mb. 512mb of RAM could play FIFA 2000, with just single core, but this days...

Yes these days you can play games that are super realistic at an insane amount of frames in an open world environment. So awful. You act like the games quality hasn't improved to keep up with computers.