Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 778 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
Is it a good time to buy GPU now?

im thinking of building a midrange gaming pc and i would like to know if this is a good time to buy gpu, or should i wait for few months? thanks guys

I often get asked similar questions to anything relative to computing.

The fact Is, If you wait, the cost will drop that's a given. Subsequently, a better GPU will be released. If you wait for that to drop, another (superior) card will be released and so forth.

When Is the right time to buy? At any point there's a significant saving.

but ive been waiting for about 6 mos and the prices havent changed that much, the current models are fine, i just thought that maybe if i buy now, the price drop could happen tomorrow

Quote:(06-11-2018, 09:13 AM)Xenpai Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

i just thought that maybe if i buy now, the price drop could happen tomorrow

It could happen at any time, It's unpredictable so It's hard to be definitive on how long to wait.

Check against every seller, you're bound to find at least one with a significant difference In cost.

So lately there has been a slight drop and a stabilization, especially with older cards due to the decline of Bitcoin mining.

I'm planning on buying some 600-series or 700-series cards for use with SLI but you're right if the price drop hits anytime soon.

ok after some time of searching, theres a new rumor that new nvidia cards wont be out 'til November, so i guess no gpu price-drop wouldnt happen anytime soon

Quote:(07-12-2018, 09:03 AM)Xenpai Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

ok after some time of searching, theres a new rumor that new nvidia cards wont be out 'til November, so i guess no gpu price-drop wouldnt happen anytime soon

You've mentioned building a mid-range gaming PC, so do you really need the latest GPU?

I don't know if it will drop any time soon because of crypto

GPUs were ridiculously cheap last year when BTC was big and etc.