Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 631 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Is it possible to develop iOS apps with Flutter on a Linux virtual machine?

I am new to developing mobile apps and wanted to try Flutter but I use Windows. Because Flutter doesn't support Windows yet I had the idea to use a virtual machine running Linux to install Flutter. Does this work?

Also in the Flutter setup it says this:
>To develop Flutter apps for iOS, you need a Mac with Xcode 7.2 or newer.

Is there a way to develop iOS apps without having a Mac?

As you point in your question:

> To develop Flutter apps for iOS, you need a Mac with Xcode 7.2 or newer.

You can work around by using an external service (like Travis-ci or other) to build your code for iOS. However it's not usable as a developer workflow as that can take several minutes to get the artefact.

Windows is now partially supported in the way you can edit and publish for Android but you still can't create for IOS where a mac is required (XCode).
More informations

[To see links please register here]

You should check out MacOS cloud solutions like [MacInCloud][1]. There are CI/CD solution that will support it (e.g. [CircleCI][2] and [BitRise][3]) however these are not suited for development.

Services like MacInCloud allow you to remote desktop into a Mac where you could conceivably use XCode remotely.

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

Yes, you can develop iOS apps with Linux (or Windows) using Android Studio or Visual Studio Code. The point of Flutter is that you have one code base and can deploy to both Android and iOS. So the development phase is no problem.

In the past you could only deploy iOS apps to the App Store if you had a Mac, but there are some more options now. See the following articles:

- [How to sign Flutter apps for iOS automatically without a Mac][1]
- [Developing and debugging Flutter apps for iOS without a Mac][2]
- [How to develop and distribute iOS apps without Mac with Flutter & Codemagic][3]
- [Build an iOS app without a Mac or iPhone using Flutter][4]

To test your app on the iOS simulator, though, it is still necessary to have a Mac. However, theoretically the app should have the same behavior for most things as on an Android device, so you wouldn't necessary need to test it using the iOS simulator. I would say long term you would probably want to consider getting a Mac, but it is certainly not necessary in the beginning.

**Update:** In a recent app I made, my tests passed in the Android emulator but crashed in the iOS simulator. It was a normal bug and nothing specific to iOS, but for some reason the Android simulator didn't crash. So for a production app, you really do need to test it on an iOS device/simulator.

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

You can use tools like Appollo to do just that directly from Windows or Linux. Appollo is a python CLI tool.

To install Appollo run `pip install appollo`, then setup your developer account with Appollo (

) once this is done you can start building your app with `appollo build start`

You can check out a few example videos here :