Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 337 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
Is it possible to use "return" in stored procedure?

CREATE PROCEDURE Pname(in_Tid IN VARCHAR2,in_IP IN VARCHAR2,outstaticip OUT VARCHAR2,outcount OUT NUMBER)
AS
BEGIN
select STATIC_IP into outstaticip from OP_TTER_MAPPING where TERMINAL_ID = in_Tid;
if in_IP = outstaticip then
return 1;
else
select COUNT(*) into outcount from OP_TTER_MAPPING where DYNAMIC_IP_LOW <= in_IP AND DYNAMIC_IP_HIGH >= in_IP AND TERMINAL_ID = in_Tid;
if outcount = 1 then
return 1;
else
return 0;
end if;
end if;
END;

1. Is it possible to use return in stored procedure like above?
2. If we can use return, how can i get that return value in `Executesql("begin Pname(----)END")` method

**EDIT**

Now I edited my return value in stored procedure like this, am I doing it right ?

CREATE PROCEDURE P_ValidateTIDIP(in_Tid IN VARCHAR2,in_IP IN VARCHAR2,outstaticip OUT VARCHAR2,outcount OUT NUMBER,outretvalue OUT NUMBER)
AS
BEGIN
select STATIC_IP into outstaticip from OP_TTER_MAPPING where TERMINAL_ID = in_Tid;
if in_IP = outstaticip then
outretvalue:=1;
else
select COUNT(*) into outcount from OP_TTER_MAPPING where DYNAMIC_IP_LOW <= in_IP AND DYNAMIC_IP_HIGH >= in_IP AND TERMINAL_ID = in_Tid;
if outcount = 1 then
outretvalue:=1;
else
outretvalue:=0;
end if;
end if;
END;

Use FUNCTION:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_function
RETURN VARCHAR2 IS

BEGIN
RETURN 'This is being returned from a function';
END test_function;

In Stored procedure, you return the values using `OUT` parameter **ONLY**. As you have defined two variables in your example:

outstaticip OUT VARCHAR2, outcount OUT NUMBER

Just assign the return values to the out parameters i.e. `outstaticip` and `outcount` and access them back from calling location. What I mean here is: when you call the stored procedure, **you will be passing those two variables as well. After the stored procedure call, the variables will be populated with return values.**

If you want to have `RETURN value` as return from the PL/SQL call, then use `FUNCTION`. **Please note that in case, you would be able to return only one variable as return variable.**

CREATE PROCEDURE pr_emp(dept_id IN NUMBER,vv_ename out varchar2 )
AS
v_ename emp%rowtype;
CURSOR c_emp IS
SELECT ename
FROM emp where deptno=dept_id;
BEGIN
OPEN c;
loop
FETCH c_emp INTO v_ename;
return v_ename;
vv_ename := v_ename
exit when c_emp%notfound;
end loop;
CLOSE c_emp;

END pr_emp;

<!-- begin snippet: js hide: false -->

<!-- language: lang-sql-->

-- IN arguments : you get them. You can modify them locally but caller won't see it
-- IN OUT arguments: initialized by caller, already have a value, you can modify them and the caller will see it
-- OUT arguments: they're reinitialized by the procedure, the caller will see the final value.
CREATE PROCEDURE f (p IN NUMBER, x IN OUT NUMBER, y OUT NUMBER)
IS
BEGIN
x:=x * p;
y:=4 * p;
END;
/

SET SERVEROUTPUT ON

declare
foo number := 30;
bar number := 0;
begin
f(5,foo,bar);
dbms_output.put_line(foo || ' ' || bar);
end;
/

-- Procedure output can be collected from variables x and y (ans1:= x and ans2:=y) will be: 150 and 20 respectively.

-- Answer borrowed from:

[To see links please register here]

<!-- end snippet -->

It is possible.

When you use Return inside a procedure, the control is transferred to the calling program which calls the procedure. It is like an exit in loops.

It won't return any value.