Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 892 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Is windows defender good enough for ransomeware ?

these days ransomeware hitting the internet market quite massive
hundreds of pcs is getting affected with this malicious encryption thing so can someone please refer any precautions or
suitable antivirus software to prevent this thing

Download and Install

[To see links please register here]

I've vigorously tested It In a controlled environment, against 16 types of simulated ransomware attacks- of which none penetrated It's defense. If need be, I can provide my In depth tutorial (with Illustrations) that I've posted on my blog.

Quote:(09-11-2019, 05:35 AM)mothered Wrote:

Download and Install

I've vigorously tested It In a controlled environment, against 16 types of simulated ransomware attacks- of which none penetrated It's defense. If need be, I can provide my In depth tutorial (with Illustrations) that I've posted on my blog.

thanks for the advice bro ill look into it

Quote:(09-11-2019, 05:20 AM)bilzzhere Wrote:

these days ransomeware hitting the internet market quite massive
hundreds of pcs is getting affected with this malicious encryption thing so can someone please refer any precautions or
suitable antivirus software to prevent this thing

Obviously NO

Quote:(09-11-2019, 05:39 PM)bilzzhere Wrote:

Quote: (09-11-2019, 05:35 AM)mothered Wrote:

Download and Install

thanks for the advice bro ill look into it

You're welcome.

Let me know If you require assistance, and I'll be more than happy to help.

No it won't it's a very basic AV that is riddle with false detections and cannot pick up bad ware

Depends on how Windows Defender is configured. If you're on the older Windows OS, Windows Defender isn't so great. However, it has improved with Windows 10.

Windows 10 has features of EMET (Enhanced Mitigation Emergency Toolkit) integrated which is very useful if configured properly.

Windows defender and other antiviruses won't keep you 100% safe, i will say you will be 30-40% safe depends on malware. Any antivirus can't stop the new ransomwares but you can improve your pc security with advanced antiviruses like eset, kaspersky

Quote:(09-18-2019, 02:19 PM)Whoami1 Wrote:

Windows defender and other antiviruses won't keep you 100% safe

This ^

Having antivirus, anti-exploit, anti-malware and anti-ransomware software actively monitoring your system, certainly helps prevent Intrusions but not In It's entirety.

Quote:(09-18-2019, 09:36 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (09-18-2019, 02:19 PM)Whoami1 Wrote:

Windows defender and other antiviruses won't keep you 100% safe

This ^

Having antivirus, anti-exploit, anti-malware and anti-ransomware software actively monitoring your system, certainly helps prevent Intrusions but not In It's entirety.

Hitman Pro Alert has some great anti-exploit wrapper which protects current applications, and also some ransomware protection. But I havent tested the ransomware protection.

It did stop an exploit againt WaterFox though! So the anti-exploit might gaurd you from ever getting a ransomware in the first place.