Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 149 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Java EE plugin framework

I want to make my Java EE application pluggable. The main application would be deployed in an ear, but its code in EJB would contain entry points for plugins. Plugins could be deployed on their own jar file. Is there any good framework to do this? I'm looking for just a lightweight framework.

What should I read or learn to make such a framework?

Two other ways to create plug-ins for Java EE are via its connector architecture (JCA) and via its portable extensions (CDI).

While quit powerful, JCA isn't documented very well as it's more often used by vendors instead of regular application developers.

OSGi would be a good fit for this. Either Apache Felix or Eclipse Equinox can be started up inside your Java EE application and OSGi bundles (jar files with some extra entries in the MANIFEST.MF file) can be deployed to them.

There's some good information about embedding Felix here:

[To see links please register here]