Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 429 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Javascript callbacks/events

bunny.mousedown = function(mouseData){
text.setText(mouseData.global.x);
}
The 'setText' part gets called when someone presses on the bunny sprite. I'm using PIXIjs.

Hello, I'm new to JS and having a bit of a hard time understanding this code. As I understand, everything in JS is an object, including functions. In other languages that I've had experience with, you'd just use event listeners with this kind of thing.

Mousedown is a callback function, or so it says in the documentation. I *think* I understand what's a callback function. But, I'm confused at how it's implemented in the code above.

function display(s , callb){
alert(s);
callb(1 , 2);
}

function add(q, r){
alert((q + r).toString());
}

display("amidoindisrite?", add);

callb would be the callback function, I think... But, anyway, I don't understand how the code on the very top gets executed/called. Anyone have any ideas? What would be the equivalent in Java or Python if there is one? Thanks.

In your second example, `callb` is a pointer to a function, or the function definition if you like. If you apply the parentheses after it, it executes the function with the parameters provided (if any, integers 1 and 2 in this case). Other ways to execute a callback are the `call()` and `apply()` methods.

In the first example, the `mousedown` property expects a value that is a callback, i.e. the function definition. This example defines a function that assigned to this `mousedown` property. When the `mousedown` event is triggered for the `bunny` object, the `mousedown` property is executed (using parentheses, `call()` or `apply()`, that would depend upon the Pixjs library). That property being the function defined, the text.setText method is run.

I hope that clarifies it.