Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 168 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Kisheat - Heat Mapping Utility

I searched the forum - and it hasn't been mentioned. This is a sweet little bit of code that can turn Kismet + GPS data into Google Earth heat maps.

[To see links please register here]

I'm using BT5R3 to run Kismet. The GPS is a cheap BU-353-S4 (35$ on amazon). The Wifi is an Alfa BGN attached to the laptop, but turned WAY down.

The GPS is detected without any intervention on my part. In fact it's the finest GPS I've ever used. Outside I was getting HDOP readings steady at .6, PDOP .9. That means it's rock solid for just about any GPS outside a trimble!

At the moment I'm mapping the outsides of facilities so I can turn down power on APs that might be radiating a bit to much into the surrounding. I'm getting pretty amazing results.

Next step is indoor mapping, which will be harder because the GPS won't stay as well connected. I'm trying to figure out how to do this now.

The project doesn't seem to be doing much, but what is there is working.

If any of you guys know of anything similar/better let me know!

Blight

Quote:(09-27-2012, 02:38 AM)Blight Wrote:

I searched the forum - and it hasn't been mentioned. This is a sweet little bit of code that can turn Kismet + GPS data into Google Earth heat maps.

I'm using BT5R3 to run Kismet. The GPS is a cheap BU-353-S4 (35$ on amazon). The Wifi is an Alfa BGN attached to the laptop, but turned WAY down.

The GPS is detected without any intervention on my part. In fact it's the finest GPS I've ever used. Outside I was getting HDOP readings steady at .6, PDOP .9. That means it's rock solid for just about any GPS outside a trimble!

At the moment I'm mapping the outsides of facilities so I can turn down power on APs that might be radiating a bit to much into the surrounding. I'm getting pretty amazing results.

Next step is indoor mapping, which will be harder because the GPS won't stay as well connected. I'm trying to figure out how to do this now.

The project doesn't seem to be doing much, but what is there is working.

If any of you guys know of anything similar/better let me know!

Blight

Wow, that's really neat.

Keep up the great posts Blight!

Quick update:

GPSD which is the default capture source for Kismet turns my GPS to Sirf mode after rebooting. Either edit the Kismet conf:

gps=true
gpstype=serial
gpsdevice=/dev/ttyS0
gpsreconnect=true

or use the nmea source switch when launching Kismet!

Having the GPS set to Sirf mode will render it useless for anything, and you need to use SirfDemo to re-connect and set the GPS protocol on the GPS. A real pain, and costly timewise. SirfDemo has the ability to brick your GPS too, so use it wisely.

Blight

Keep it up.