Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 349 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
Learn x84 & 64 or, C?

Hello all,

Just got a quick question since, i'm in a rush.
Should I learn x84 & x64 first which isn't an issue or, do I have to learn C before going into that stuff?

thanks,

- Adam

C Is certainly advantageous to understand how to write simple programs, prior to moving onto Assembly.

@"phyrrus9" Is the best member to answer this In detail.

Quote:(06-25-2018, 04:16 AM)mothered Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

C Is certainly advantageous to understand how to write simple programs, prior to moving onto Assembly.

They're not mutually exclusive, you can learn both at the same time or later on. I would stay as far away from *86 assembly while you're first learning though. The entire architecture is garbage.

Quote:(06-25-2018, 02:30 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (06-25-2018, 04:16 AM)mothered Wrote:

They're not mutually exclusive, you can learn both at the same time or later on. I would stay as far away from *86 assembly while you're first learning though. The entire architecture is garbage.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:(06-25-2018, 02:30 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

They're not mutually exclusive, you can learn both at the same time or later on.

I wasn't entirely sure whether one (particularly C) takes precedence, hence If anyone would know, It'd be you.

Quote:(06-25-2018, 03:43 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (06-25-2018, 02:30 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

They're not mutually exclusive, you can learn both at the same time or later on.

I wasn't entirely sure whether one (particularly C) takes precedence, hence If anyone would know, It'd be you.

Late, but I'd personally do something like this:

Basic C or some other simple language -> Basic assembly in a simple architecture -> C -> assembly -> extra languages (Go, Lisp, Lua, Python, C#, whatever)

With basic CPU design somewhere in between the last 3; in this way, you get the full view of how your languages compile/interpret from high level down to hardware

There isn't really a precedence, you'd want to understand each on at least a minimal level

Quote:(06-28-2018, 11:16 PM)Ender Wrote:

Quote: (06-25-2018, 03:43 PM)mothered Wrote:

Basic C or some other simple language -> Basic assembly in a simple architecture -> C -> assembly -> extra languages (Go, Lisp, Lua, Python, C#, whatever)

With basic CPU design somewhere in between the last 3; in this way, you get the full view of how your languages compile/interpret from high level down to hardware

There isn't really a precedence, you'd want to understand each on at least a minimal level

Doesn't matter if you replied late. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:(06-28-2018, 11:16 PM)Ender Wrote:

Quote: (06-25-2018, 03:43 PM)mothered Wrote:

Well said.

I completely forgot to quote you. In my views, either yourself or phyrrus9 are best/competent In addressing questions of this nature.

Quote:(06-29-2018, 10:56 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

Quote: (06-29-2018, 10:55 AM)Slingshot Wrote:

Quote: (06-29-2018, 10:54 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

I already know a few languages.

Me, too! I am, a language, in myself. :smile:

Seems to be that you missed the + :wink:

Oh yes my bad I gave you a red please don't mind I am so sorry about this :stressed: :stressed:

Learning C will get you into the mindset of programming.