Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 433 Vote(s) - 3.62 Average
Learning Coding

Hello! It is I! That person that seems like they disappear randomly for eons at a time because, well, I do.

What with the advent of 2020, I've made some resolutions, one of which included actually picking up a deeper understanding of computers through coding, something I've often given up on because I was either a mix of lazy/stupid/unwilling to learn. We've all been there at one point or another. In hopes of remedying this, I've actually been doing the courses from Free Code Camp from top to bottom, though less to actually use their lessons (most of the things I've run through seem to be website building) and more to just get comfortable with the general infrastructure/climate writing these things demand.

This type of thread has already been posted quite a few times, I'm aware, and I've actually snooped around those posts to see what I could harvest. While I would like to learn quickly (read; efficiently), I'm in the lucky position of not actually being in any rush.

A big obstacle I've encountered, of course, is what language to start with and where to find the resources for that specific language. The ultimate goal is, pipe dream or not, to at least have a relative understanding of them all so I won't be caught flat-footed. However, if you were to ask me exactly what I'm most interested in, the answer would be automation and pentesting. The latter is a bit high up for me though and probably will continue to be so for a few months, if not years, but the former is something I've been told I can pick up with at least relative ease through Python. The bigger issue is that a lot of Python resources, free ones at least, tend to be on the shallow side. Or maybe I'm just that dumb.

Either way, I'd appreciate the advice from one of the best-placed communities to offer it, be it in resources or just guidance. It's always better to learn and immediately know where to go next rather than just meander around aimlessly.

Thanks in advance!

Start with python, its pretty easy to learn and you can learn the topics your interested in (both automation and pentesting). There is a lot of resources here on the forum and all over the web on learning it.

It all depends what you want to achieve with a given programming language.

For Instance, I exploit on a daily basis and gain back-end access by manipulating the database accordingly. As such, being proficient In SQL Is paramount. PHP Is also part of the equation.

Quote:(02-18-2020, 05:35 AM)Ecks Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Start with python, its pretty easy to learn and you can learn the topics your interested in (both automation and pentesting). There is a lot of resources here on the forum and all over the web on learning it.
It does seem like the most attractive prospect, admittedly, and will be something I dabble in even if it doesn't end up being my focus!

Quote:(02-18-2020, 09:00 AM)mothered Wrote:

It all depends what you want to achieve with a given programming language.

For Instance, I exploit on a daily basis and gain back-end access by manipulating the database accordingly. As such, being proficient In SQL Is paramount. PHP Is also part of the equation.
I'll have to dig into those sometime around then. Honestly, it's more for self-security than anything. I've given in to something of a paranoid streak and anything to alleviate that seems best. Plus, let's be honest, having that on your resume is always beneficial in a quickly technologically-evolving world. Automating tasks is more just for my own personal lazy endeavors. Not something I'd particularly consider good for any future in the technological workforce if only because I'd just be regularly creating my replacement, pft.

Quote:(02-25-2020, 09:08 PM)Mom Wrote:

Plus, let's be honest, having that on your resume is always beneficial in a quickly technologically-evolving world.
Absolutely, that's provided you have the certification(s).

I'm self-taught In my 30+ years of computing, hence adding It to my resume, will serve very little purpose In the eye of the employer.

Quote:(02-25-2020, 09:08 PM)Mom Wrote:

Automating tasks is more just for my own personal lazy endeavors.
You can still learn a thing or two.

In terms of exploitation, I don't remember the last time I've automated a task.

Lemme just comment this here so i can get notified of follow up comments

I started with high-level languages, such as Ruby. I got to a point where I could understand things very easily, and knew what I was doing. This gave me a foundation to work on. I then went on to learn low-level languages, like C++. If you start with something easy to understand, learning more complex languages become much more easy to understand.

A good start now would probably be Python. It's extremely flexible and you can do tons of things with it. You could then move onto something more advanced.

For coding questions and examples...
Coding Forum -

StackOverflow -

ChatGPT -

HTML Teacher V3

JavaScript Teacher V3

PHP Teacher V2