Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 487 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Learning java!

I want to learn java as a first language! I have little experience with Visual basic but other than that not much with programming.
Whats the best way to learn?

As with every language, I say you learn by being creative and doing something rather than following a tutorial.

I learned Java by making a Minecraft mod, with google in one tab, Modder API reference in another, and stack exchange in a third.
If I couldn't figure out how to do something, I'd look up what I needed, and poof. Problem overcome.

I'm not saying make a mod, but making things for games is certainly a good way of doing it~

Quote:(12-15-2013, 05:07 AM)H4X00R Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I want to learn java as a first language! I have little experience with Visual basic but other than that not much with programming.

Man,

Give a look in this ebook, it's very usefull and covering since the basis and advanced.

Enjoy!

Quote: (12-15-2013, 06:01 AM)kratuspneuma Wrote:

Man,

Give a look in this ebook, it's very usefull and covering since the basis and advanced.

Enjoy!

Quote:(12-15-2013, 05:07 AM)H4X00R Wrote:

I'm not so sure that visual basic is really Java. I've done Java and it seems all globally the same. But the small things like if statements inside of it.

You're going to want to start with another language. Java can be pretty hard but once you get the grasp of it, it really makes sense. And for me anyways, the computer languages really tie down to each other if you really think about it.

I recon you start with something a little easier. I'd say try html and css first. Yes, they are for website creation, but they can use javascript elements inside of them. The javascript is identical to actual java to my knowledge.

But what do I know? I'm only thirteen years old.

Good luck, Partner.

Quote:(12-15-2013, 05:53 AM)Duubz Wrote:

I'm not so sure that visual basic is really Java. I've done Java and it seems all globally the same. But the small things like if statements inside of it.

You're going to want to start with another language. Java can be pretty hard but once you get the grasp of it, it really makes sense. And for me anyways, the computer languages really tie down to each other if you really think about it.

I recon you start with something a little easier. I'd say try html and css first. Yes, they are for website creation, but they can use javascript elements inside of them. The javascript is identical to actual java to my knowledge.

But what do I know? I'm only thirteen years old.

Good luck, Partner.

Quote:(12-15-2013, 06:01 AM)kratuspneuma Wrote:

Man,

Enjoy!

Wow thanks for the e-book! Exactly what i was looking for looking for! Also i was not saying that visual basic was java just telling my coding background.
I have one question about the book. Whats the difference between regular and international edition?

Quote:(12-16-2013, 02:55 AM)H4X00R Wrote:

Wow thanks for the e-book! Exactly what i was looking for looking for! Also i was not saying that visual basic was java just telling my coding background.
I have one question about the book. Whats the difference between regular and international edition?

Good question, I dont know? Is exactly the same content one each other.

Yeah, you've got a good point.

OP, so you have next to no background in programming and you want to start with Java?
I dunno, you could get one of the books (found in libraries, school or not).
Or you could design a project, and google things as you go...
or start with another language:
good

Quote:(12-16-2013, 11:48 AM)cr33pyguy Wrote:

Yeah, you've got a good point.

OP, so you have next to no background in programming and you want to start with Java?
I dunno, you could get one of the books (found in libraries, school or not).
Or you could design a project, and google things as you go...
or start with another language:
good

Good site for learning the basics man, thanks for share.

At first i don#t want to criticize anyone, i just want to correct some early mistakes, so they don't grow.

Thats like saying: people are all the same, they have arms and legs and everyone got a head.

there are really big differences:
- VB is only for Windows
- Java can be run on every machine, no matter which OS
- VB is generating intermediate code
- Java generates binary files
- and much more, but as Duubz said that are details

So this is an even bigger missunderstanding of those two languages, because:
Java is Objectoriented and JavaScript is Objectbased
Thats a difference like black and white.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

JavaScript doesnt even knows what an userdefined Object is.
And the name is just a fad.

Happy learning and have a nice day,
Azrael

Quote:(12-18-2013, 03:37 PM)Azrael Wrote:

At first i don#t want to criticize anyone, i just want to correct some early mistakes, so they don't grow.

Thats like saying: people are all the same, they have arms and legs and everyone got a head.

there are really big differences:
- VB is only for Windows
- Java can be run on every machine, no matter which OS
- VB is generating intermediate code
- Java generates binary files
- and much more, but as Duubz said that are details

So this is an even bigger missunderstanding of those two languages, because:
Java is Objectoriented and JavaScript is Objectbased
Thats a difference like black and white.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

JavaScript doesnt even knows what an userdefined Object is.
And the name is just a fad.

Happy learning and have a nice day,
Azrael

I don't know much about Java however I do know much about JavaScript not too much, doesn't exceed the normal webmaster but I do make a lot of websites and occasionally JavaScript does pop up here and their. I have need Java for a bukkit in Minecraft but not very many so I'm not very experienced with java.