Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 205 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
Learning to draw portraits

I was browsing Pinterest recently and came across some nice portrait photography. I've seen a bunch of friends working on portrait drawings and thought I'd try it.

I've got a lot to learn, but here's my progress so far:

[Image: DsuuEnH.jpg]

Thoughts?

Quote:(07-18-2017, 11:16 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Wow! That's really good. How long did that take?

Thank you! I would say a few hours? The hair probably took the most time.
I'm attempting more drawings where the face is head-on, so I can practice making eyes look right. It's so hard to make them not look wonky. So I guess this picture was a cowards way out of drawing both eyes!

That's incredible, I honestly have no advice to offer.

Quote:(07-18-2017, 11:30 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (07-18-2017, 11:16 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:

I'm attempting more drawings where the face is head-on, so I can practice making eyes look right. It's so hard to make them not look wonky. So I guess this picture was a cowards way out of drawing both eyes!

Hair and eyes suck. Everyone I know who does character design and anything related has said that at least a few hundred times.

Eyes were my specialty, never got around to doing a face unless you wanted one covered in eyes (Yeah I liked to draw creepy shit), what I can say for eyes is look in the mirror then simplify, after a few attempts you will have it down. Great work!

Damn... That's amazing.

Much better than the stuff that I used to do :b

Very average, could do with more shading.

I must have a different definition of average. It looks damn amazing to me. Good job!

That Is absolutely magnificent. I will be showing this to my colleagues at work tomorrow.

I do hope that's not your "real signature" on the bottom right.

Quote:(07-19-2017, 12:02 AM)Inori Wrote:

That's incredible, I honestly have no advice to offer.

Quote:(07-18-2017, 11:30 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (07-18-2017, 11:16 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:

Hair and eyes suck. Everyone I know who does character design and anything related has said that at least a few hundred times.

Eh, the human body is hard to imitate generally. I wonder if because we're so familiar with the human form, we can pick up flaws in pictures like these very quickly.

Quote:(07-19-2017, 12:40 AM)Ecks Wrote:

Eyes were my specialty, never got around to doing a face unless you wanted one covered in eyes (Yeah I liked to draw creepy shit), what I can say for eyes is look in the mirror then simplify, after a few attempts you will have it down. Great work!

I appreciate that, thank you! I've got a long way to go yet.

Quote:(07-19-2017, 01:20 AM)Ender Wrote:

Damn... That's amazing.

Much better than the stuff that I used to do :b

Thank you! And hey, it's a matter of learning and practice :wink:

Quote:(07-19-2017, 02:18 AM)Exiled Wrote:

Very average, could do with more shading.

You know, you're not wrong! I've been so used to line drawings for the past few years, I've become completely alienated by using anything more than 2B. Gotta break into better shading habits.

Quote:(07-19-2017, 04:53 AM)Morveer Wrote:

I must have a different definition of average. It looks damn amazing to me. Good job!

Bless you, that's kind. Although, they're not exactly wrong. It depends on perspective. There are artists who can do this and better:

[Image: 11-pencil-portrait-drawing-girl-by-maryjane.jpg]

With this in mind, I'm probably closer to sub-par when it comes to portrait artists. However, doesn't mean I can't learn :wink:

Quote:(07-19-2017, 05:56 AM)mothered Wrote:

That Is absolutely magnificent. I will be showing this to my colleagues at work tomorrow.

I do hope that's not your "real signature" on the bottom right.

Thank you! That's very kind!
It's a variation of something similar. Wouldn't upload the real thing - This is SL after all