Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 216 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
Login with only email in Lumen (JWT Auth)

I want to make the password optional while login into the system. If the user enters the password the login works fine and return the jwt token, when I entered to try to login only with email it gives the following error:-

```
Undefined index: password (500 Internal Server Error)
```
The following is the code of my login method

```
public function authenticateUser($request)
{
$input = $request->only('email','password');
if (!$authorized = Auth::attempt($input, true)) {
return $this->failure('Credentials doesnot match our records!', 401);
} else {
$token = $this->respondWithToken($authorized);
return $this->success('Login Successfully !', $token, 200);
}
}

protected function respondWithToken($token)
{
return [
'token' => $token,
'token_type' => 'Bearer',
'expires_in' => Auth::factory()->getTTL() * 60,
'user' => Auth::user()
];
}
```
so basically, what I want is when a user enters an email it will login and should return the token, and if the user login with email and password then it should also work and return the token.

The error that you're getting means that there is no `password` key in the input array that you're sending via request. This happens on this line:

$input = $request->only('email','password');

In order to bypass that, you would need go get all inputs, or check if those inputs exist and then read from them:

//Get all inputs
$input = $request->input();
//Or get email first, and then check for password
$input['email'] = $request->email;
$input['password'] = $request->filled('password') ? $request->password : null;

Note: Since I can't see your actual login functions, this might not work with only email, since password might be required parameter. If that's the case, you will have to alter those functions.

You can create a custom Authentication User Provider that will work around this potentially missing 'password' field. Though, I would probably not here. You can check the input yourself to see if there is a password or not. If there is pass it through `attempt` like normal. If it is not there find the user using the configured User Provider and login to the guard (what `attempt` is doing).

Perhaps something like this:

public function authenticateUser($request)
{
if ($request->has('password')) {
$token = Auth::attempt($request->only(['email', 'password']));
} else {
$token = ($user = Auth::getProvider()->retrieveByCredentials($request->only(['email'])))
? Auth::login($user)
: false;
}

return $token
? $this->success('Login Successfully !', $this->respondWithToken($token), 200)
: $this->failure('Credentials do not match our records!', 401);
}