Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 290 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
Mass-Murderer of 77 people get's a luxury cell.

Quote:(09-04-2012, 08:57 PM)Hardz Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (09-04-2012, 08:30 PM)The Anarchist Wrote:

Quote: (09-04-2012, 11:40 AM)Hardz Wrote:

Quote: (09-04-2012, 12:34 AM)The Anarchist Wrote:

Actually, Norway's criminal deterrence system is quite interesting. Growing up in the United States or Europe, we're used to deterring criminals through punishment.
In Norway, however, they deter crime through rehabilitation. Ironically, they have a significantly lower prisoner-citizen ratio.

Watch this video

I actually like the idea, it seems a bit utopian - but it has worked for them.

I think it'd work for people who have done minor crimes, but killing 77? He shouldn't ever be allowed to come back in the real world.

They can't bring back any of those people by giving him the death penalty or making him suffer the rest of his life.
The goal shouldn't be to make him suffer, it should be to make him fit in with society again.
Killers normally have mental illnesses that aren't easily treated. A sane person doesn't just kill 77 people.

I don't see why people should be kept in prison if they are no longer a threat to society.
However, the real question is - will he do it again once he gets out?

Actually, he was found to be sane. Refer

I've also found out that he was given the maximum sentence possible in Norway - so technically he can't get more than 21 years.

"He insisted he was sane and refused to plead guilty, saying last year's attacks were necessary to stop the "Islamisation" of Norway."

Pretty interesting to say the least.

It's written on paper that he's sane, however your source also states that "prosecutors had called for him to be considered insane."

Quote:(09-04-2012, 12:34 AM)The Anarchist Wrote:

Actually, Norway's criminal deterrence system is quite interesting. Growing up in the United States or Europe, we're used to deterring criminals through punishment.
In Norway, however, they deter crime through rehabilitation. Ironically, they have a significantly lower prisoner-citizen ratio.

Watch this video

Really I find this odd. I do not like the idea one bit. Why live like a king when you killed someone? Does not make sense at all. If you kill you do not deserve to be treated like royalty.

Quote:(09-05-2012, 12:47 AM)Frankie Wrote:

Watch this video

Really I find this odd. I do not like the idea one bit. Why live like a king when you killed someone? Does not make sense at all. If you kill you do not deserve to be treated like royalty.

I agree with you - the idea shouldn't be to try and make them civilized again and come back into the real world, they should be made to feel like shit. Just like the family of those 77 children that died must be feeling.

I find it odd that theres a cork board on the wall. You know for sticking up timetables and notes and stuff - why would a prisoner need that?

Anyway if he does get out they say that because he killed 77 people when he gets out they can just send him back in for another 21 years straight away. 21 is the maximum but they can give him repeat sentences.

Quote:(09-05-2012, 03:13 PM)The Protagonist Wrote:

I find it odd that theres a cork board on the wall. You know for sticking up timetables and notes and stuff - why would a prisoner need that?

Anyway if he does get out they say that because he killed 77 people when he gets out they can just send him back in for another 21 years straight away. 21 is the maximum but they can give him repeat sentences.

I think that's how the US system works - not Norway.

No I read that in Norway the can and will give him a repeat sentence once his current sentence is over.

Quote:(09-05-2012, 09:24 PM)The Protagonist Wrote:

No I read that in Norway the can and will give him a repeat sentence once his current sentence is over.

Yeah I've read that somewhere too.

Quote:(09-05-2012, 12:47 AM)Frankie Wrote:

Watch this video

He is by no means living like a king. He has no freedom, he's stuck in that small room, and he can't go anywhere for the next 21 years of his life.
If anything, he's living in a very small but isolated room. It's not like they are rewarding him but it isn't like they are punishing him either.

Quote:(09-05-2012, 09:45 PM)EquinoxRhyme Wrote:

Quote: (09-05-2012, 09:24 PM)The Protagonist Wrote:

Yeah I've read that somewhere too.

EquinoxRhyme is correct. If he is still deemed a threat to society they can and will keep him there longer.

Oh, I strongly believe they should do that then. Sounds like a good plan to me - 21 years for each death.

Holy S%^&! I should mass murder too. My bedroom is just like his toilet. That was a total luxury!