Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 675 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Mass Shootings in U.S. Over 4th of July Weekend

At least 150 people were killed by gun violence in more than 400 shootings across the country during the 4th of July weekend as major cities nationwide confront a surge in violent crime, according to data compiled by the Gun Violence Archive.

Read more here:

[To see links please register here]

I wouldn't use New York or Chicago as a baseline. Somehow the shootings they've cited, happened in cities/states with the strictest gun laws.

Quote:(07-06-2021, 02:23 AM)Oni Wrote:

I wouldn't use New York or Chicago as a baseline. Somehow the shootings they've cited, happened in cities/states with the strictest gun laws.

As someone who lived in NYC for over 19 years I can definitely tell you it might be a good baseline; the gun crime around this time of year always spikes and the 4th of July(if you don't know what you're doing/where to be) then it can definitely be a dangerous holiday.

Quote:(07-06-2021, 06:33 AM)Feat Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2021, 02:23 AM)Oni Wrote:

As someone who lived in NYC for over 19 years I can definitely tell you it might be a good baseline; the gun crime around this time of year always spikes and the 4th of July(if you don't know what you're doing/where to be) then it can definitely be a dangerous holiday.

I meant I wouldn't use those cities/states as a baseline for the rest of the country, NYC/Chicago tend to have more extreme laws and violence to match. On average, other cities/states have looser regulations and less violence. A better baseline would be one that falls between the extremes. With fireworks going off, it's not surprising people took advantage of the situation.

Quote:(07-06-2021, 07:09 PM)postjobs Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2021, 06:33 AM)Feat Wrote:

As someone who lived in NYC for over 19 years, I can definitely tell you it might be a good baseline; the gun crime around this time of year always spikes and the 4th of July(if you don't know what you're doing/where to be) then it can definitely be a dangerous holiday.

I am moving near manhattan, I hope the neighbourhood there is fine.

To be honest, even "nice" areas can have crime. I used to live in a pretty wealthy/posh area at Uni, and then some kid got stabbed on my street over apparently £20 of weed. You just never know for sure. You're always going to find more crime in big cities/urban areas, though.

Quote:(07-06-2021, 07:13 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2021, 07:09 PM)postjobs Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2021, 06:33 AM)Feat Wrote:

As someone who lived in NYC for over 19 years, I can definitely tell you it might be a good baseline; the gun crime around this time of year always spikes and the 4th of July(if you don't know what you're doing/where to be) then it can definitely be a dangerous holiday.

To be honest, even "nice" areas can have crime. I used to live in a pretty wealthy/posh area at Uni, and then some kid got stabbed on my street over apparently £20 of weed. You just never know for sure. You're always going to find more crime in big cities/urban areas, though.

True but I think incidents in NYC are more frequent than in other cities.

Quote:(07-06-2021, 07:20 PM)postjobs Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2021, 07:13 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2021, 07:09 PM)postjobs Wrote:

True but I think incidents in NYC are more frequent than in other cities.

I agree. It's weird, as Oni said, how these mass shootings seem to occur where laws are stricter too. I wonder why that's the case?

Quote:(07-06-2021, 06:33 AM)Feat Wrote:

Quote:(07-06-2021, 07:28 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

It's weird, as Oni said, how these mass shootings seem to occur where laws are stricter too. I wonder why that's the case?
Unfortunately, laws don't prevent anyone who's determined to get a gun from an underground source and go on a shooting spree.

Quote:(07-07-2021, 04:19 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2021, 07:28 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

It's weird, as Oni said, how these mass shootings seem to occur where laws are stricter too. I wonder why that's the case?
Unfortunately, laws don't prevent anyone who's determined to get a gun from an underground source and go on a shooting spree.

Agreed. If making murder illegal didn't work, why would making guns illegal? The other thing to consider is, even if you were to remove all of America's guns... other methods would be used.

There's always ways to get what you want. Still desperately sad either way.