Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 359 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Migrating Silverstripe CMS system from one server to another

Im relatively new to silverstripe cms and Im trying to move a site to a new host.
I followed all the instructions I could find on their official forums but to no avail.

Here is what I mean.
Here you can see what the site should look like

[To see links please register here]

But this is what it looks like after I have moved it (copied everything to my public_html folder on the new site, set up the db username and passwords etc)

Please help cause I'm utterly and truly stuck at the moment.

![enter image description here][1]

[1]:

Since someone else initialy moved the site so I decided to delete everything and move everything myself. Its hard to explain otherwise what I have tried or not tried.

First I tried to install just a base silverstripe. Got that right pretty much but only after I specified the database ip as 127.0.0.1 and not the external ip. So I deleted the base install again, copied over all the site files again and this time modified the db params to use 127.0.0.1 Some of the pages now actually reflect valid content but it seems that everything is not this light blue kind of color (seems to be a default of SS? ) It is as if it's missing some kind of master page or something as I can see content, but no module thingies like menus, blog section etc.

I also have to mention that to test this I change my hosts file so that

resolves to the sites new ip address with our new host. So from my machine it resolves to new ip but from the servers perspective when it fetches things like css its obviously going to fecth it from where

is currently hosted. Hope that makes sense?

So 1 step in the right direction at least. We have content and no more errors. Now whats up with this blue color scheme??

seems to be fine now.

My guess: You've had a ``silverstripe-cache`` folder on your old server, which you've copied. It contains (as you might suspect) cached files with absolute paths. If your path structure is not exactly the same on both servers, you will run into problems. So always remove everything from the cache folder when moving sites around.

If that isn't the problem, take a look at the Apache log file (probably ``/var/log/apache2/error.log``, but this can vary). As it's a server error, it should tell you what the problem is...

Check the error log in cpanel or whatever, perhaps a PHP or APACHE directive is different on this server. You'll find out from the logs what the problem is.
I got this once and the problem was that /dev/build wouldn't run because the php memory upper limit was set higher in SS than it was on the server.
Also go into _config and set the environment directive to 'debug', this will display as much output as SS can give you on the page.