Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 312 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Minimal XML library for C++?

What XML libraries are out there, which are minimal, easy to use, come with little dependencies (ideally none), can be linked statically and come with a liberal license? So far, I've been a pretty happy user of [TinyXML][1], but I'm curious what alternatives I have missed so far.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[expat](

) is a very fast C XML parser (although a C++ wrapper exists) that's widely used in many open-source projects. If I remember correctly, it has very few dependencies, and it's licensed under the very liberal MIT License.

There's one called `libxml2`.

There's also a Windows-only solution, a COM library that's part of the O/S, called `msxml`.

FWIW there is also a version of TinyXML with a more C++-like interface, called [ticpp][1].

[1]:

In "[what’s the easiest way to generate xml in c++?][1]" I wrote [a comment that lists a few C++ XML libraries][2]

[TinyXML++ (ticpp)][3] was, IMHO, the most appropriate for a small, easy to use XML library in C++.

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

I recommend [rapidxml][1]. It's an order of magnitude smaller than tinyxml, and doesn't choke on doctypes like tinyxml does.

If you need entity support or anything advanced, forget about static linking and use expat or libxml2.

[1]: