Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 762 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
Mobile OS Discussion!

In the green side, we have...

[Image: android_logo-3-150x150.jpg]

[Image: 337px-Android_4.1_on_the_Galaxy_Nexus.jpeg]
Pros:
-Free & open source, you can change its code in any way you want
-XDA Developers. 'Nuff said
-Customizable to no end
-In an unimaginably high spectrum of devices

Cons:
-Can be laggy, specially with Honeycomb
-Manufacturers usually eff it up

In the dark glass side, we have...

[Image: 177px-Apple_iOS.svg.png]

[Image: IOS_5_home_screen.png]
Pros:
-Shit-ton of apps
-Easy to use
-Most of the times, very smooth
-Better tablet apps

Cons:
-Apple makes sure that even after you bought your phone, it's still theirs. (i.e.: Keeps breaking jailbreak)
-No customization whatsoever without jailbreak, still limited with jailbreak
-Limited mod support (i.e.: No XDA)
-Boring. Face it.

In the red side, we have...

[Image: 320px-WindowsPhone7logo.svg.png]

[Image: Windows_Phone_7.5_Start_Screen.png]
Pros:
-Cool...ish...interface, I guess. (Although you can get Launcher 7 for Android)
-XBox connectivity
-Just as smooth as iOS

Cons:
-Just as locked up as iOS
-Not customizable at all
-Paid jailbreak
-No one uses it, very little apps
-Any phone running WP7 won't get WP8
-Outdated and limited hardware (will get better in WP8)
-Internet Explorer as default browser. Kill it with fire!

For me, Android wins by a long shot.
But what do you think?

Also, tell me what you think should be added to the pros & cons list! Specially Windows Phone, I've barely used it. But hey, Barely anyone actually uses it.

That's not a bias post at all. :rolleyes:

Not lying though!

I think Android is probably the winner. I just like the usability and availability of apps for iOS. You can't beat that!

Android wins 100%.

What the shit are you doing running honeycomb tho? That's 3.0, you should be running at MINIMUM Ice Cream Sammich.

Umm, there should be a Symbian OS too as it is popular for many Nokia phones out there and it does support plenty of apps too.

Personally I have an iPhone 4S as I need the features that it provides, I used to have a HTC Desire HD but I didn't like the interface nor the operating system of it - but Windows 7 does look pretty incredible and I really want to check it out soon.

Quote:(09-01-2012, 11:13 PM)pandaa Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I think Android is probably the winner. I just like the usability and availability of apps for iOS. You can't beat that!

Agreed, it's very fast and reliable. It also looks clean.

Why is everyone so Android-loving here lol? I understand iPhone is very expensive but to be honest I wouldn't call it overpriced simply because I can't compare any other phone to it. The Samsung Galaxy is rapidly coming closer though.

Quote:Why is everyone so Android-loving here lol?
Maybe because it's the only one you truly have deep access to, instead of just superficial access.

Quote:I used to have a HTC Desire HD but I didn't like the interface nor the operating system of it
That's why manufacturer skins are a con. They usually mess up a perfectly fine UI.

Quote:Umm, there should be a Symbian OS too as it is popular for many Nokia phones out there and it does support plenty of apps too.
I would, except I've never used it, not even a little.
Besides, it's fading away into nonexistence anyway.

Quote:What the shit are you doing running honeycomb tho? That's 3.0, you should be running at MINIMUM Ice Cream Sammich.
I'm not running honeycomb, I flashed a CM10 nightly on my Galaxy tab 10.1 and 7.7 as soon as one was available.