Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 741 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
Mockito 2 for Android Instrumentation test : Could not initialize plugin: interface org.mockito.plugins.MockMaker

I'm using Mockito 2 and Espresso for Unit tests, and met a problem trying to use Mockito 2 in Instrumentation test. While running the test, I'm getting this error

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not initialize plugin: interface org.mockito.plugins.MockMaker (alternate: null)
at org.mockito.internal.configuration.plugins.PluginLoader$1.invoke(PluginLoader.java:74)
at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.invoke(Proxy.java:913)
at $Proxy5.isTypeMockable(Unknown Source)
at org.mockito.internal.util.MockUtil.typeMockabilityOf(MockUtil.java:29)
at org.mockito.internal.util.MockCreationValidator.validateType(MockCreationValidator.java:22)
at org.mockito.internal.creation.MockSettingsImpl.validatedSettings(MockSettingsImpl.java:232)
at org.mockito.internal.creation.MockSettingsImpl.build(MockSettingsImpl.java:226)
at org.mockito.internal.MockitoCore.mock(MockitoCore.java:64)
at org.mockito.Mockito.mock(Mockito.java:1864)
at org.mockito.Mockito.mock(Mockito.java:1777)
at com.armop.insight.views.activity.InsightActivityTest.testUserResultReturnsEmpty(InsightActivityTest.kt:66)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
at android.support.test.internal.runner.junit4.statement.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:80)
at android.support.test.rule.ActivityTestRule$ActivityStatement.evaluate(ActivityTestRule.java:433)
at org.junit.rules.RunRules.evaluate(RunRules.java:20)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:78)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:57)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:128)
at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:27)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:137)
at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:115)
at android.support.test.internal.runner.TestExecutor.execute(TestExecutor.java:58)
at android.support.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner.onStart(AndroidJUnitRunner.java:369)
at android.app.Instrumentation$InstrumentationThread.run(Instrumentation.java:2075)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to load interface org.mockito.plugins.MockMaker implementation declared in sun.misc.CompoundEnumeration@5ea25e5
at org.mockito.internal.configuration.plugins.PluginInitializer.loadImpl(PluginInitializer.java:54)
at org.mockito.internal.configuration.plugins.PluginLoader.loadPlugin(PluginLoader.java:57)
at org.mockito.internal.configuration.plugins.PluginLoader.loadPlugin(PluginLoader.java:44)
at org.mockito.internal.configuration.plugins.PluginRegistry.<init>(PluginRegistry.java:21)
at org.mockito.internal.configuration.plugins.Plugins.<clinit>(Plugins.java:18)
at org.mockito.internal.configuration.plugins.Plugins.getMockMaker(Plugins.java:34)
at org.mockito.internal.util.MockUtil.<clinit>(MockUtil.java:24)
... 38 more
Caused by: org.mockito.exceptions.base.MockitoInitializationException:
Could not initialize inline Byte Buddy mock maker. (This mock maker is not supported on Android.)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ANDROID USERS:

The regular Byte Buddy mock makers cannot generate code on an Android VM!
To resolve this, please use the 'mockito-android' dependency for your application:

[To see links please register here]

Java : 0.9
JVM vendor name : The Android Project
JVM vendor version : 2.1.0
JVM name : Dalvik
JVM version : 0.9
JVM info : null
OS name : Linux
OS version : 3.18.91+

at org.mockito.internal.creation.bytebuddy.InlineByteBuddyMockMaker.<init>(InlineByteBuddyMockMaker.java:171)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Native Method)
at org.mockito.internal.configuration.plugins.PluginInitializer.loadImpl(PluginInitializer.java:49)
... 44 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Ljava/lang/management/ManagementFactory;
at net.bytebuddy.agent.ByteBuddyAgent$ProcessProvider$ForCurrentVm$ForLegacyVm.resolve(ByteBuddyAgent.java:940)
at net.bytebuddy.agent.ByteBuddyAgent$ProcessProvider$ForCurrentVm.resolve(ByteBuddyAgent.java:925)
at net.bytebuddy.agent.ByteBuddyAgent.install(ByteBuddyAgent.java:352)
at net.bytebuddy.agent.ByteBuddyAgent.install(ByteBuddyAgent.java:320)
at net.bytebuddy.agent.ByteBuddyAgent.install(ByteBuddyAgent.java:306)
at org.mockito.internal.creation.bytebuddy.InlineByteBuddyMockMaker.<clinit>(InlineByteBuddyMockMaker.java:101)
... 46 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "java.lang.management.ManagementFactory" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/system/framework/android.test.runner.jar", zip file "/system/framework/android.test.mock.jar", zip file "/data/app/com.armop.debug.test-GWx-9OMGi9FTj01c1acroQ==/base.apk", zip file "/data/app/com.armop.debug-28ywc-fJ-zzWAgMPBESlGQ==/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.armop.debug.test-GWx-9OMGi9FTj01c1acroQ==/lib/x86, /data/app/com.armop.debug-28ywc-fJ-zzWAgMPBESlGQ==/lib/x86, /data/app/com.armop.debug.test-GWx-9OMGi9FTj01c1acroQ==/base.apk!/lib/x86, /data/app/com.armop.debug-28ywc-fJ-zzWAgMPBESlGQ==/base.apk!/lib/x86, /system/lib, /vendor/lib]]
at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:125)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:379)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:312)
... 52 more

And here is the test code.

@Test
fun testUserResultReturnsEmpty() {

val userMock = Mockito.mock(UserModel::class.java)
Mockito.`when`(ArmOpApplication.getUserFromPrefs()).thenReturn(userMock)

mActivityRule.launchActivity(Intent())
mCountDownLatch.await(3000, TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS)

assertNotNull(mActivityRule.activity.mInsightCategories)

assertNull(mActivityRule.activity.mData)
assertNull(mActivityRule.activity.insightsRecyclerView.adapter)
}

I've googled for more information and found out, that I need to use mockito-android instead of mockito core, and added those lines in application's build.gradle file

androidTestImplementation "org.mockito:mockito-android:${libMockitoAndroidVersion}"
androidTestImplementation 'com.linkedin.dexmaker:dexmaker-mockito:2.2.0'

where libMockitoAndroidVersion = 2.16.0

Also, I've added org.mockito.plugins.MockMaker file into the androidTest resource directory to work with Kotlin's classes.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

Is there any way to fix this issue? Any help will be appreciated.

[1]:

From the stack trace it seems like you are using the inline Byte Buddy mock maker which does not work on Android. Make sure that you have not included it transitively somehow as both plugins being available would load the one that is added to the class path first.

I've got similar problem. I my case that was invalid declaration in `resource/mockito-extensions/org.mockito.plugins.MockMaker` file. During some refactoring process IDE replaced correct value:

mock-maker-inline

with this one:

infrastructure-maker-inline

I've noticed that accidental change while reviewing the commit diff because it didn't look suspicious for first look.

This helped me

androidTestImplementation("org.koin:koin-test:1.0.2")
{ exclude("org.mockito", "mockito-inline") }
androidTestImplementation("org.mockito:mockito-android:2.24.5")
Koin represents some library that contain org.mockito

Working with Android replace

```
androidTestImplementation "org.mockito:mockito-core:$mockito_core_version"
androidTestImplementation "org.mockito:mockito-inline:$mockito_core_version"
```

for

```
androidTestImplementation "org.mockito:mockito-android:$mockito_core_version"
```

My version was: `$mockito_core_version = '2.28.2'`

In the stacktrace I found this:
```
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to load interface org.mockito.plugins.MockMaker implementation declared in sun.misc.CompoundEnumeration
```

Enlighted by this issue([#824 Exception when using mock-maker-inline][1]), I resolved the same problem by adding tools.jar to my classpath in intellij

[add tools.jar to classpath][2]

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

I was having this issue and none of the solutions here worked for me. My problem was that I was mixing both mockito libraries

//BAD CODE
testImplementation "org.mockito.kotlin:mockito-kotlin:4.0.0"
testImplementation "org.mockito:mockito-android:3.3.3"

//GOOD CODE - just use one

In my case it worked with adding mockito kotlin dependency and i think it would be better to stay away from inline library, because as i read somewhere it is just a dependency to check final class mocking issue solution and later it will be stopped of updating

use these 2 dependencies

testImplementation 'org.mockito:mockito-core:2.23.0'