Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 147 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Multi PC Cluster?

I have a few PC's and a switch plus router I want to turn into a big cluster PC to run some appliocations for fun

Does anyone know how I would be able to set up and configure this?

You have too much free time on your hands lol Why not turn those PCs into servers on your network. You could have a media server, backup server etc.

Quote:(11-28-2022, 07:08 AM)EquitableEngineer Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

You have too much free time on your hands lol Why not turn those PCs into servers on your network. You could have a media server, backup server etc.

what would i do with the servers realistically and what could i run

Quote:(11-28-2022, 07:08 AM)EquitableEngineer Wrote:

Why not? If you've already got the hardware and it will just cost time, why not learn something new.

@"vrag" I've never personally setup a cluster so I've got no tips myself, however Kubernetes has an article on doing it which seems like a great place to start:

Quote: (11-28-2022, 10:44 PM)vrag Wrote:

Quote: (11-28-2022, 07:08 AM)EquitableEngineer Wrote:

As for what to do with servers, depending on the system performance: game servers, web servers, Plex/Emby servers, Library servers, Cloud storage to yourself, backups, etc...

The only mandatory recommendation in my mind for a local network server is PiHole for network wide ad removal even on devices without AdBlock.

Quote:(11-28-2022, 10:58 PM)Nyx Wrote:

Why not? If you've already got the hardware and it will just cost time, why not learn something new.

@"vrag" I've never personally setup a cluster so I've got no tips myself, however Kubernetes has an article on doing it which seems like a great place to start:

As for what to do with servers, depending on the system performance: game servers, web servers, Plex/Emby servers, Library servers, Cloud storage to yourself, backups, etc...

The only mandatory recommendation in my mind for a local network server is PiHole for network wide ad removal even on devices without AdBlock.

ill definetly take a look at kubernetes, how would i get around to make a cloud server as per say?

Quote:(11-29-2022, 02:49 AM)vrag Wrote:

Quote: (11-28-2022, 10:58 PM)Nyx Wrote:

ill definetly take a look at kubernetes, how would i get around to make a cloud server as per say?

I'd recommend

because it's free and open source. Attach a bunch of hard drives to your server and you'll be able to access files on your network. Forward your ports and you'll be able to grab your files on the go.

For more things to run on a server you have kicking around, I'd take a look at

pretty exhaustive list of services to run.

Quote:(11-28-2022, 10:44 PM)vrag Wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of services you can use locally, like Nyx mentioned you could run a plex media server so you can stream all of your movies, music, files etc with any device connected to your LAN. Having a PiHole is also pretty useful or you could run a TOR relay node or host one of the many blockchains out there. If your machines are powerful enough you could install virtualization software on there an run multiple servers at the same time on each machine.

Quote:(11-28-2022, 10:58 PM)Nyx Wrote:

I suppose you arecorrect but by for me servers would be a better use of the hardware and by the sounds of things OP would still be learning something.