Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 754 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Multitenancy with spring-data-elasticsearch

Is there any way to make spring-data-elasticsearch to work for multitenant application?

I've made it to work without multitenancy, but I don't know how can I have multiple indices or multiple nodes for each tenant? I want to know if there is any way to define different index name for each tenant or to add transient property in my entity class which is annotated properly with `@Document(...)`. When I tried to do that problem was that `@Transient` is also marked in `ElasticSearchRepository`.
Any idea?

I've made solution to this problem. It might not be the best solution but I didn't found anything else.
I've added field `tenantName` to my indexed classes and marked it with annotation `@javax.persistence.Transient` instead of `@org.springframework.data.annotation.Transient`. And after that I am making my search queries with condition that tenant must be tenant to which current user belongs.

Here's the solution I made to this problem. By default, We would add an index with our POJO annotation of `@Document` which is okay.However there are cases where we would want to have differen indexes per client so I decided to create them myself. I've used the ElasticSearch Template to create indexes for different tenants rather than relying on Spring Data ElasticSearch repo for saving. Here's what I did

IndexQuery indexQuery = new IndexQueryBuilder()
.withId("ID")
.withIndexName("yourtenant")
.withType("yourtype")
.withObject(obj)
.build();

es.index(indexQuery)

First you've got to understand how Elasticsearch (and especially Lucene) store your data.

Elasticsearch's naming convention "index" and "type" is a bit misleading and most likely **not** what you first thought!

---

If you create a type (`id, field1, field2`) within an index in Elasticsearch, it will create something similar to a SQL Table:

id | field1 | field2
-------------------------
string | int | boolean

What you might **not** expect is, what happens when you add a second type (`id, type2field`) to that index. The index mapping will become:

id | field1 | field2 | type2field
--------------------------------------
string | int | boolean | string

This happens, because there's **no** type mapping - even if Elasticsearch will make it look like that. **There's only a mapping at index level!** This way, you will most likely end up having a lot of empty fields.

---

Though in general and especially for a multi tenency setup, you should create an **index** per class - **not** type! You should use the type for separating similar shaped data, i.e. use types for your tenants. Or add an additional field to your mapping for identifying the tenant.

---

Read more about it here:

[To see links please register here]

I found quite an easy solution with SpEL for prefixing indexes like

@Document(indexName = "#{@prefixProvider.getPrefix()}_foo", type="bar")

```prefixProvider``` being just a regular spring bean.