Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 337 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
My computer is becoming autoimmune!

Help!

I just did a Windows refresh, as my AV hates me.

It all started yesterday, when my landlord decided to switch network provider. Having no Internet connection, AVG completely freaked out and decided that my entire Sys32 folder was an entire cocktail of different types of malware, and goes all hostile on it. Being affected by the morning-tiredness any reasonable human being is; I clicked past all its prompts, and evidently clicked "remove threats".
So, all in all I had the structure of my system blown to bits by an exaggeratedly stupid fucking piece of disgusting, repelling software.

Does anyone have any idea on what possibly could have caused this?
Also, I'm now seriously considering switching from AVG to something (read: anything) else. Any suggestions?

EDIT: On further thought, I guess Windows is malware

Quote:(11-17-2014, 10:23 PM)Cressi Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Help!

I just did a Windows refresh, as my AV hates me.

It all started yesterday, when my landlord decided to switch network provider. Having no Internet connection, AVG completely freaked out and decided that my entire Sys32 folder was an entire cocktail of different types of malware, and goes all hostile on it. Being affected by the morning-tiredness any reasonable human being is; I clicked past all its prompts, and evidently clicked "remove threats".
So, all in all I had the structure of my system blown to bits by an exaggeratedly stupid fucking piece of disgusting, repelling software.

Does anyone have any idea on what possibly could have caused this?
Also, I'm now seriously considering switching from AVG to something (read: anything) else. Any suggestions?

EDIT: On further thought, I guess Windows is malware :tongue:

That sucks I personally don't use any anti virus / malware. So I wouldn't know :3.

Quote:(11-17-2014, 10:49 PM)PsYCHO Wrote:

Don't go with Avast.
I think I saw free premium anti-virus software somewhere on here. If I find it, i'll let you know.

Wouldn't dream of it :tongue:

Well, I'm looking to actually buy a premium version, if I'm going for it :tongue: ...but thanks a bunch, Psych ^^

Quote:(11-17-2014, 10:54 PM)Cressi Wrote:

Aaw, thanks ^.^ I'd Skype with you right now if I, well, had Skype installed...
PM if you're online tomorrow or so ^^

Of course! We'll sort skyping out eventually... same with you, @Losi dearest <3

Quote:(11-17-2014, 10:55 PM)ShawnReynolds Wrote:

I am surprised anyone uses AVG at all. AVG has been know to do stuff like this a lot. I suggest that you switch to ESET if you have the money (or get it illegaly), as well as getting AVG PC Tune Up, this is the one AVG program that is not very screwy. If you would rather not pay for ESET, as it is pretty pricey, then you should go with Avast!, though it will install Chrome without your permission, so you might want to keep an eye on it while it is installing.

Well, yeah, but I like the interface...
Hmm, I'll definitely check it out, thanks ^^

I've tried Avast!, and it wasn't that bad. I'll compare the two for now ^^ Thank you!

Weird. I've never heard of AVG attacking itself like this. Ever. I've used AVG for multiple years now and it's worked prefectly.

Quote:(11-17-2014, 10:33 PM)Alex Wrote:

That sucks I personally don't use any anti virus / malware. So I wouldn't know :3.

You don't? I don't either on my Linux system, but Windows without AV is like a house without...locks :tongue:

It's getting back on track ever so slowly, but I'm mostly disturbed because I had Adobe software for around £500 plus CC...

Quote:(11-17-2014, 10:52 PM)PsYCHO Wrote:

Not a problem, Cressi! I've missed you since the downtime ;_;

Aaw, thanks ^.^ I'd Skype with you right now if I, well, had Skype installed...
PM if you're online tomorrow or so ^^

Not a problem, Cressi! I've missed you since the downtime ;_;

Don't go with Avast.
I think I saw free premium anti-virus software somewhere on here. If I find it, i'll let you know.