Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 769 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
.NET CMS with custom authentication

I know there's tons of questions about .NET based CMS out there, but I have some specifics things I'm looking for.

1) Be able to leverage our application's existing authentication (We have our own implementation of of `System.Web.Security.MembershipProvider` as well as `MembershipUser`)

2) Be able to restrict who can view certain pages/segments based on our custom roles, in addition to restrictions on who can edit them.

Maybe most of them support this, but I haven't had much luck finding which ones specifically satisfy these requirements.

(Being lightweight is also a plus, I've read about Orchard and N2)

[EPiServer][1] is a commercial ASP.NET based CMS. It is essentially a set of .NET assemblies that you reference and build into your ASP.NET application to turn it into a first class CMS.

It makes use of standard ASP.NET features like the provider model so you can swap bits out.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

I don't know how much this will help you but here goes. We did a search last year for .NET content management systems and I wasn't super thrilled. There are a ton of commercial systems that are really expensive and appear to be crap.

I checked out N2 first. It seemed really clean, but it was way too barebones for our purposes. We would have had to do a ton of custom development to meet our needs. It's really a CMS framework instead of a CMS product.

Umbraco was the other system we took a serious look at. It has a lot more features built in and it's a fairly nice system as long as you don't mind a little XSLT. It does use the standard membership provider framework, so that's in your favor. I don't really know whether the roles will do what you want though. But since it's free you can play with it to see if it meets your needs.

As for Orchard, I don't know much about it. It wasn't around when we were looking, but it seems interesting. I couldn't tell in a reasonable amount of time how it handles membership and roles on the back end. It does seem like it's geared towards smaller sites, so it might be a little limiting in that respect.

We've been using Telerik's [Sitefinity][1] product with custom forms authentication. You can use forms authentication out of the box or you can customise it. It does make use of the provider model too.

More information [on custom authentication can be found here][2].

[1]:

[2]:

I would suggest looking into AxCMS (at AxCMS.net). It is complete, pluggable and has extensive documentation. Specific documentation about their implementation of Membership and Security is available at :

Microsoft's Scott Gu recommends it here at