Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 636 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Need help with extending wifi/internet conneciton

So basically i have a regular router on one side of the house and i need to extend it to the other.
I have read a bit online and i came to 2 solution.

1) I can use switch + access point for wifi (not sure if cheap switch would be a good thing)
2) use another router (probably gona be cheaper)

If somebody who actually knows about this could give an advice, price and efficiency comparison.

Quote:(01-27-2019, 08:11 PM)TheBoyD Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

So basically i have a regular router on one side of the house and i need to extend it to the other.
I have read a bit online and i came to 2 solution.

1) I can use switch + access point for wifi (not sure if cheap switch would be a good thing)
2) use another router (probably gona be cheaper)

If somebody who actually knows about this could give an advice, price and efficiency comparison.

you can use like a powerplug link. the plus pug into your outlet.

"WiFi Extenders" do the job well, by Increasing/strengthening the WiFi signal to all parts of the home.

Another router would require you to run an ethernet cable to the other side of the house, but would probably work better than a wifi extender. A wifi extender would probably be a lot easier to set up and probably cheaper.

Quote:(01-27-2019, 09:57 PM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

I have read so many times, that is not the best solution.

Quote:(01-28-2019, 05:07 AM)mothered Wrote:

"WiFi Extenders" do the job well, by Increasing/strengthening the WiFi signal to all parts of the home.

Quote:(01-28-2019, 05:15 AM)Nyx Wrote:

Another router would require you to run an ethernet cable to the other side of the house, but would probably work better than a wifi extender. A wifi extender would probably be a lot easier to set up and probably cheaper.

I am hoping for good connection and that would probably cost a bit more with repeaters.

I think i should rephrase the question. I have easy solution for getting ethernet cable to the part of the house. I was actually looking what would be better solution, a router or a switch + ap.

Quote:(01-29-2019, 11:56 PM)TheBoyD Wrote:

Quote: (01-27-2019, 09:57 PM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

I have read so many times, that is not the best solution.

Quote:(01-28-2019, 05:07 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote:(01-28-2019, 05:15 AM)Nyx Wrote:

I am hoping for good connection and that would probably cost a bit more with repeaters.

I think i should rephrase the question. I have easy solution for getting ethernet cable to the part of the house. I was actually looking what would be better solution, a router or a switch + ap.

you need a Powerline Network Adapters. Here is a link that talks about which ones to buy.

Quote:(01-29-2019, 11:56 PM)TheBoyD Wrote:

Try the router first. This should definitely do the job.

In the event It doesn't fulfill your needs, get the switch.

Sometimes your internet provider will give a free second router away, at least in my country there's the possibility.

Quote:(01-30-2019, 03:41 AM)Malcom Wrote:

Sometimes your internet provider will give a free second router away, at least in my country there's the possibility.

If that doesn't apply, you could probably SE your ISP by claiming the Router Is defective.

Quote:(01-31-2019, 04:17 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (01-30-2019, 03:41 AM)Malcom Wrote:

If that doesn't apply, you could probably SE your ISP by claiming the Router Is defective.

yes, you are right only if the router has defects.