Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 471 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Need some help - enabling checkboxes

So in my Skype Bot, I'm making a login, and when you login (from a second form) it tells a label on the first form to change. That label has a text changed event, that when happens, declares the Skype declaration, and then starts listening to the messages you get.

Before I did this, in Form1_Load, it worked perfectly fine, but when I have this in the label text change event, it doesn't work. I can't enable anything either (Checkboxes or buttons).

And I know it's getting to the voids because I have message boxes show to show how far the code has gotten. It just doesn't do anything except message boxes.

I've also tried simply enabling the stuff and making the skype declaration in the text changed event, and that doesn't work either.

Text Changed Event:

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

Enable Event:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

TurnOn Event:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

There's not enough information here to help. Does turnon() fire? Have you seen that each of these methods respond to that event call? Why is listfriends() commented out?

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Looks kind of bulky though, what about a groupbox and some loops? :huh:

I thought you meant like on the windows folders. Recently the folders on my desktop and folders have lost their check boxes. They where quite convenient. Now since they've dissappeared, I must ctrl click them to select more than one.

Quote:(03-16-2013, 04:41 AM)Johnny Wrote:

I thought you meant like on the windows folders. Recently the folders on my desktop and folders have lost their check boxes. They where quite convenient. Now since they've dissappeared, I must ctrl click them to select more than one.

This is a coding forum (Visual Basic & .NET Framework), so I'm not sure why you'd think that... :huh:

Quote:(03-16-2013, 04:09 AM)cxS Wrote:

There's not enough information here to help. Does turnon() fire? Have you seen that each of these methods respond to that event call? Why is listfriends() commented out?

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Looks kind of bulky though, what about a groupbox and some loops? :huh:

There is enough information, turnon does fire, yet Skype never attaches. listfriends just takes all your friends and puts there info in a listbox, that doesn't work either, that was commented out from before.

Quote:(03-16-2013, 04:41 AM)Johnny Wrote:

You can re-enable them in Folder Options, or if you're on Windows 8, the View tab.

Not really, post your full code and lets see how you have things laid out and where the methods are. I haven't used the Skype class before, so I don't know that much about it. Is it the event handler you're having issues with?

Quote:(03-17-2013, 12:49 AM)cxS Wrote:

Not really, post your full code and lets see how you have things laid out and where the methods are. I haven't used the Skype class before, so I don't know that much about it. Is it the event handler you're having issues with?

It's not just the Skype handler, it's the checkboxes too. Neither work. So it doesn't have anything to do with Skype, that's juat a reaction to it. Let's put our focus on the checkboxes, by the code I have in the thread, it should work, but it doesn't. Which is what I'm wondering about.

I'm confused.. So User_TextChanged() fires, but it only assigns password, username, turnon() fires, and the MessageBox shows?

And when turnon() is fired, how do you know that it is firing? I don't get it, you said MessageBox, but the MessageBox is in the catch?

This seems odd. As I said, lets see how you have everything laid out.

Quote:by the code I have in the thread, it should work, but it doesn't.

If it doesn't work then it shouldn't work. Are you mutli-threading anything?

Quote:(03-17-2013, 12:57 AM)cxS Wrote:

I'm confused.. So User_TextChanged() fires, but it only assigns password, username, turnon() fires, and the MessageBox shows?

And when turnon() is fired, how do you know that it is firing? I don't get it, you said MessageBox, but the MessageBox is in the catch?

I have enable(); in there as well, which is where the textbox is, the textbox shows, so I know it's firing, but the checkboxes don't enable.
It looks like it works, I don't see why not, but it doesn't. There's no multi-threading.

Quote:(03-17-2013, 02:04 AM)cxS Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 01:05 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 12:57 AM)cxS Wrote:

I have enable(); in there as well, which is where the textbox is, the textbox shows, so I know it's firing, but the checkboxes don't enable.
It looks like it works, I don't see why not, but it doesn't. There's no multi-threading.

What? I know you did but I was trying to re-iterate my understanding of what was going on, so I did not mention enable() because I was explaining which methods were working.

Textbox? Now I'm even more confused. There's no Textbox in enable() :confused:... All I see is checkbox's and afbutton's, along with a messagebox.

Sorry about that, meant checkboxes, not textboxes.