Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 358 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
Node fs Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open

*this is not an exact answer but may help:*

**i think** if you want to `read` or `readSync` a file that doesn't exist you will encounter an `EPERM` error...
> in many programming languages, any permission related error may not
> directly means an actual permission issue

for example in `PHP` Folders (not files) must delete by php `rmdir()` method but if you want to do that with `unlink()` , u will encountered with a wrong Warning message that says "permission denied"

On my Windows 10 machine, I encountered this error when running an old Node JS project. I think Node version 10.16.

In any case, it was trying to modify a dotfile in my project. Be sure that the file isn't hidden on Windows. After unchecking the hidden option in the file properties pop up. Everything worked.

So to fix:
1. Right click file in Windows Explorer
2. Select properties
3. Uncheck **Hidden**
4. Click **Ok**
5. Re-run your command.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

[1]:

I had the same problem, when i tried to create and write to a file using NodeJS. I thought it had to do with my windows file/folder access permissions, but after restarting my computer and running the code again, I still got the same error.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

[![enter image description here][2]][2]

However, this time around my antivirus gave me a pop-up message also, stating that it blocked permission for **Node.exe** to write or open files. So once I flagged Node.exe as safe for my anti-virus program (Avast).

It worked for me. Disabling my antivirus could've also temporarily fixed it, I guess.

[1]:

[2]:

If you are facing this issue on Windows 10, then please try the following:

1) Uncheck **readonly** options for the folder (if read-only reverts, login as administrator)
2) Open terminal **as administrator** (if you are facing this issue on terminal)
3) **Switch off ransomware** folder protection
4) Change **chmod** of the folder
5) Check if the folder is **hidden** or not
6) Disable antivirus protection (**temporarily**) and try this
7) Or move your project folder somewhere else, where antivirus ransomware protection is disable.

If nothing above works, then try the following:

[To see links please register here]

Hope this would of help.

I was facing the same problem using the following software:
- Windows 10
- GitBash
- Node v19

I was able to solve it opening GitBash as admin