Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 306 Vote(s) - 3.58 Average
Nvidia Drivers Kali 2018.3

So as you all should know, cuda support was depreciated over preference of opencl. So Anyone trying to get the latest in Kali update to work with your Nvidia driver you should have had some issues installing the cuda toolkit as there is no longer a repository for it.

But there is a way, and I got it working today and thought I would share the steps to get hashcat running with cuda support using the latest kali distro. Hope this is in the right location. I am a beginner, so if I make a few mistakes, please be gentle. Cheers

----

Kali 2018.3 Nvidia Driver Installation:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade

reboot

apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

reboot

apt-get install nvidia-driver nvidia-xconfig

(now open the text edior to edit the conf file)

nano /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-blacklists-nouveau.conf

(delete everything and poste the following):

blacklist nouveau
blacklist lbm-nouveau
options nouveau modset=0
alias nouveau off
alias lbm-nouveau off

(save and exit nano)

update-initramfs -u

reboot

apt-get install hashcat-nvidia

nvidia-smi

This should get you up and running and with no black screen on your final reboot.
I had managed to get the nvidia drivers to install and work on reboot ONLY when removing nouvea driver FIRST then rebooting BEFORE installing the nvidia driver, but there still was no cuda-toolkit...

edit: this did in fact dl and install the 390.87 driver btw...