Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 225 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Other Forum Userbars #1

Quote:(05-19-2016, 02:10 PM)VirtualFrost Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I think they look really nice, they kinda look like they give a cartoony feel. The members bar looks real empty though through the middle.

That's the point. Client didn't want members to have something that great.

I love the V.I.P. one. Sick!

Surprised the client wanted a member userbar, I see no point in that.

None the less, they look great.

Quote:(05-19-2016, 01:09 PM)Paradigm Wrote:

I refer back to my previous comment to Inton:

I get that you like everything to be "proper" and technically correct. I was speaking to a photographer a week ago who has done shots for big companies such as vogue and she said some of the best photos taken aren't technically correct or proper but the photo itself can invoke emotions and tell a 1000 words. I know this not photography and this is graphic design but for me the principle still applies. If I see something I like, I like it. It may not be the most technically correct thing it may have positioning not aligned correctly and it may have some flaws but if someone likes something they like it.

Did you seriously just compare photography to digital design? Couldn't you just as well compare the nuclear bomb to a firecracker? What I am giving is not "technically" or anything alike it. When you study design, literature, etc. and history of those things you learn how analyze it. A design isn't meant to invoke emotion, it is meant to have a use. Art or photos aren't made for their use, but for their looks and emotion tied to them. So that principle doesn't work with digital design. Whenever I give feedback, notice how I don't say that every single inch of the design is awful. Because it very rarely is. I see the potential in it and give my thoughts on how to improve towards that based off my education and personal experience. That is also how you improve photography abilities. (Something which I have also studied I may add.)

When you make a design, there is a insanely high chance that you are making it for someone else to use or see. (Such as a website, logo or anything else alike it.) Because of that, if you aim to be successful you need to please the specific person you are making it for or the audience that will use it. Now if we take these UBs as an example, I have no knowledge of the buyer/client, nor do I have any inside knowledge on how they plan on using the product. Because of that, all that I can rate it off is based on what is currently viewed as "good design" by the majority of people, as well as how user friendly it is in terms of looks and use. A design HAS to meet its intended goal, otherwise it is pointless. If you make a button for a website that looks like header, then you have efficiently failed to make it user-friendly and thus failed in the design.

If you make a set of UBs for a forum then they have to meet the wishes of the client. If they do that, then they have done at least a decent job. That being said, when you make a design, if you intended to make something and it looks like something entirely different but you've based the rest of your design around the initial idea then it will look plain weird and out of place. (In-case with what I think was suppose to be streams of lights here, but ended up looking like play-dough.) Then again, UBs are borderline "digital art" rather than "digital design" seeing how they have no real intended use. They are simply there for the looks and lawls. Which is where what I said earlier comes in. That I will be left with judging it based on "The rules of design and art" which tend to change ever 20 years or so. (Each new historical period comes with some changes, right?)

Now based on that information, gained from experience and general knowledge I can do an analysis of the work and give feedback accordingly. This can lead to improvement on the work, thus making it better. As they say, a diamond is beautiful, but a polished diamond carries more beauty to it. So no, I don't want everything to be "proper and technical". I want art to be unique and have feeling to it, and I want design to be user-friendly and meet its intended goal. If you look at these UBs as art, then I see no soul in them. If you look at them from a design perspective, I see no specific style, idea or planning behind them.

Quote: (05-19-2016, 12:49 PM)BubbleBoy Wrote:

True. I just wish I had the technical knowledge you have. I feel like I can make nice things, but I lack the actual "principles" to actually make the design complete/free of technical errors like depth, lighting, etc.

The main thing here isn't technical knowledge, but personal experience and the fact that I am a new set of eyes. I have experience, thus I have seen a stupid amount of good and bad works. I have also made good and bad things. I have made mistakes, which some I can see in others. Those I see I try to help with, so that I can save them the time of going through it over time like I did. I am also a new set of eyes, I see things from a different perspective than you did, and one thing that many note to be fairly unique with me as a person is that I take no apparent side on a matter and I am not loyal to anyone or anything.

I am capable of viewing things from different angles, seeing potential behind an idea that may not be apparent to the person who came with that idea. (Two heads are better than one, right?) Many artists ask a friend or family member to take a look and give their input because they are a new set of eyes with different experiences and minds. They see things differently. If you wish to experience what that is like for yourself, then go ahead and make something. Don't show it to anyone, make it so that you are happy with it, that you cannot find anything wrong with it. Lock it away for a month, and don't look at it for that entire month. After said month is done, go back to it. I can almost ensure you that you'll find something you can change with your; "new set of eyes".

The crown for the VIP userbar looks far too flat as appose to the rest of the design.

Quote:(05-19-2016, 06:10 PM)Kayo Wrote:

The crown for the VIP userbar looks far too flat as appose to the rest of the design.

Now you mention it, it does, also it goes over the bar slightly which looks weird to me

Quote:(05-19-2016, 05:16 PM)Inton Wrote:

Quote: (05-19-2016, 01:09 PM)Paradigm Wrote:

I get that you like everything to be "proper" and technically correct. I was speaking to a photographer a week ago who has done shots for big companies such as vogue and she said some of the best photos taken aren't technically correct or proper but the photo itself can invoke emotions and tell a 1000 words. I know this not photography and this is graphic design but for me the principle still applies. If I see something I like, I like it. It may not be the most technically correct thing it may have positioning not aligned correctly and it may have some flaws but if someone likes something they like it.

Did you seriously just compare photography to digital design? Couldn't you just as well compare the nuclear bomb to a firecracker? What I am giving is not "technically" or anything alike it. When you study design, literature, etc. and history of those things you learn how analyze it. A design isn't meant to invoke emotion, it is meant to have a use. Art or photos aren't made for their use, but for their looks and emotion tied to them. So that principle doesn't work with digital design. Whenever I give feedback, notice how I don't say that every single inch of the design is awful. Because it very rarely is. I see the potential in it and give my thoughts on how to improve towards that based off my education and personal experience. That is also how you improve photography abilities. (Something which I have also studied I may add.)

When you make a design, there is a insanely high chance that you are making it for someone else to use or see. (Such as a website, logo or anything else alike it.) Because of that, if you aim to be successful you need to please the specific person you are making it for or the audience that will use it. Now if we take these UBs as an example, I have no knowledge of the buyer/client, nor do I have any inside knowledge on how they plan on using the product. Because of that, all that I can rate it off is based on what is currently viewed as "good design" by the majority of people, as well as how user friendly it is in terms of looks and use. A design HAS to meet its intended goal, otherwise it is pointless. If you make a button for a website that looks like header, then you have efficiently failed to make it user-friendly and thus failed in the design.

If you make a set of UBs for a forum then they have to meet the wishes of the client. If they do that, then they have done at least a decent job. That being said, when you make a design, if you intended to make something and it looks like something entirely different but you've based the rest of your design around the initial idea then it will look plain weird and out of place. (In-case with what I think was suppose to be streams of lights here, but ended up looking like play-dough.) Then again, UBs are borderline "digital art" rather than "digital design" seeing how they have no real intended use. They are simply there for the looks and lawls. Which is where what I said earlier comes in. That I will be left with judging it based on "The rules of design and art" which tend to change ever 20 years or so. (Each new historical period comes with some changes, right?)

Now based on that information, gained from experience and general knowledge I can do an analysis of the work and give feedback accordingly. This can lead to improvement on the work, thus making it better. As they say, a diamond is beautiful, but a polished diamond carries more beauty to it. So no, I don't want everything to be "proper and technical". I want art to be unique and have feeling to it, and I want design to be user-friendly and meet its intended goal. If you look at these UBs as art, then I see no soul in them. If you look at them from a design perspective, I see no specific style, idea or planning behind them.

True. I just wish I had the technical knowledge you have. I feel like I can make nice things, but I lack the actual "principles" to actually make the design complete/free of technical errors like depth, lighting, etc.

The main thing here isn't technical knowledge, but personal experience and the fact that I am a new set of eyes. I have experience, thus I have seen a stupid amount of good and bad works. I have also made good and bad things. I have made mistakes, which some I can see in others. Those I see I try to help with, so that I can save them the time of going through it over time like I did. I am also a new set of eyes, I see things from a different perspective than you did, and one thing that many note to be fairly unique with me as a person is that I take no apparent side on a matter and I am not loyal to anyone or anything.

I am capable of viewing things from different angles, seeing potential behind an idea that may not be apparent to the person who came with that idea. (Two heads are better than one, right?) Many artists ask a friend or family member to take a look and give their input because they are a new set of eyes with different experiences and minds. They see things differently. If you wish to experience what that is like for yourself, then go ahead and make something. Don't show it to anyone, make it so that you are happy with it, that you cannot find anything wrong with it. Lock it away for a month, and don't look at it for that entire month. After said month is done, go back to it. I can almost ensure you that you'll find something you can change with your; "new set of eyes".

Omg, I wake up to this post. I need waffles...

Quote:(05-19-2016, 01:09 PM)Paradigm Wrote:

Quote: (05-19-2016, 01:08 PM)BubbleBoy Wrote:

Quote: (05-19-2016, 01:04 PM)Dearl0rd Wrote:

Quote: (05-19-2016, 12:42 PM)Inton Wrote:

People often don't say what they think, afraid to upset others and make people think ill of them. I have no interest, nor do I have time to care what others think of me. Hence why I am direct, I prefer being efficient than polite. That being said, I prefer to be kind over efficient.

You only Learn from mistakes.
Anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say

But I need someone to point out those mistakes for me to get better. That's why Inton Bot 1.0 is the best thing to have ;3

Gonna have to agree with Para on this. To me, this is a form of art, like literature, music, etc. Art does not have to be x y or z, art is whatever the artist wants it to be.

Oi and i'm not gonna read big paragraphs so don't quote me with like a 10k word essay k thx

Quote:(05-19-2016, 07:37 PM)Jebusfathead Wrote:

Design is a form of art, just like music is a form of art

By that logic, breathing is a form of art along with looking and existing. I'm afraid to tell you, that the difference lays in its use. Art doesn't have a specific use, design has a specific use.

Quote:(05-19-2016, 07:42 PM)Inton Wrote:

Quote: (05-19-2016, 07:37 PM)Jebusfathead Wrote:

Design is a form of art, just like music is a form of art

By that logic, breathing is a form of art along with looking and existing. I'm afraid to tell you, that the difference lays in its use. Art doesn't have a specific use, design has a specific use.

Art does not have a use?