Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 646 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Password Managers

A few weeks ago I got

[To see links please register here]

in my

purchase and I thought I would try and use it for a while just to see how it would fly in my daily work flow. Turns out it's quite handy. Most of my online accounts are now stored in 1Password and logging into any of them is as simple as Ctrl+\ and typing the name of the website I want to visit. Logging into accounts is now much faster. There are also sections to store things like Activation Keys, Database logins, and Secure Notes, all features I use for Windows activation keys, Sublime activation key, work databases, and tabs of how much people owe me.

Do any of you use a password manager? If so, which one? If not, why?

Also, if you don't, I highly recommend 1Password (there is no Linux client, but you can use their website on Linux).

Man it is safe?
What a bout if someone get your 1Password account, so the will get all your accounts.
I think making your tools yourself is the better choice :smile: .
Thank you and I don't use password manager :smile: .

Quote:(02-06-2017, 07:35 PM)Hoss Wrote:

Quote: (02-06-2017, 07:31 PM)Mr.Kurd Wrote:

Man it is safe?
What a bout if someone get your 1Password account, so the will get all your accounts.

It's pretty safe, most of the encryption/decryption is on the client-side, and they use multiple layers of encryption.

I used to use a simple program I made to store passwords in a Derby DB (built-in Java database system) and just wrapped them in AES, but this gets annoying because I had to copy the DB to every computer and keep it updated. I also don't have the time anymore to make all of my own tools, easier to use a tool designed by a team of people with access to more money than I'd know what to do with.

Ha Thank but making your tools is batter than anything else, Yeah you will spend more time on but you will learn more and more.
Anyway Thank you.

Quote:(02-06-2017, 07:31 PM)Mr.Kurd Wrote:

Man it is safe?

It's pretty safe, most of the encryption/decryption is on the client-side, and they use multiple layers of encryption.

I used to use a simple program I made to store passwords in a Derby DB (built-in Java database system) and just wrapped them in AES, but this gets annoying because I had to copy the DB to every computer and keep it updated. I also don't have the time anymore to make all of my own tools, easier to use a tool designed by a team of people with access to more money than I'd know what to do with.

I use KeePass because everything is stored locally. The keychain is encrypted with AES.
If something goes wrong I have a cronjob that encrypts the keychain with my PGP public key and sends it to GoogleDrive every day.

I just type my passwords in or do the good ol copy and paste cause I don't want anyone looking at my shit.

I have used Dashlane for a couple years now and am quite happy with it.
I can also vouch for Keepass. When I was deciding what manager to go with it came down to those 2.

I keep all my sensitive/critical credentials on my external device(s), secured and running side-by-side with 2 forms of encryption software and 3 different types of encryption algorithms.

A given tool/software Is only as secure as the availability of It's recovery data, meaning keep all recovery files/entities In a secure location. I store mine In another household.

I too use keepass. It's a pretty great password manager and it has autotype and a password generator with extra entropy collectors and options for hex values, mac addresses, etc