Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 254 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Protecting source code with serial key based on PS_SHOP_DOMAIN

I'm developing a Prestashop module which I need to protect against

* easy code modification (I'm completely aware there is no program that can't be decompiled in certain way or at least being opcode-exposed)

* make sure each client pays for the module

after spending ~1 hour thinking on this, I came out with the following solution:

1. Implement a serial key validation based on the value of `PS_SHOP_DOMAIN`
2. Encrypt the source code with PHP's blenc_encrypt (

[To see links please register here]

)
3. Make a configuration view in the module that would allow the user to paste the key that was previously purchased from my website.

My question is, what parts of Prestashop actually depend on `PS_SHOP_DOMAIN`? Is that value <b>important enough*</b> or should I use something else? And, if I should use something else, what would that be?

<b>*important enough</b> - being used by an important part of the code, thus making is impossible to change the value without breaking the entire Prestashop installation.