Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 764 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Regular expressions in an Objective-C Cocoa application

I make it easy. I add a new C++ file to my Objective C project, rename it as .mm, and then create a standard C++ class inside. Then, I make a static class method in the "public:" section for a C++ function that takes an NSString and returns an NSString (or NSArray, if that's what you want). I then convert NSString to C++ std::string like so:

// If anyone knows a more efficient way, let me know in the comments.
// The "if" condition below is because ObjC crashes if converting to
// std::string if the string is nil or empty.
// assume #include <string>
std::string s = "";
if (([sInput != nil]) && (!([sInput isEqualTo:@""]))) {
std::string sTemp([sInput UTF8String]);
s = sTemp;
}

From there, I can use regex_replace like so:

// assume #include <regex>
std::string sResult = std::regex_replace(sSource,sRegExp,sReplaceWith);

Then, I can convert that std::string back into an NSString with:

NSString *sResponse2 = @(sResult.c_str());

If you're only using this C++ just for this function, then you may find it suitable to call this file extra.mm (class name Extra) and put this static class method in, and then add other static class methods when the situation arrives where it just makes sense to do it in C++ because it's less hassle in some cases. (There are cases where ObjC does something with less lines of code, and some cases where C++ does it with less lines of code.)

P.S. Still yet another way with this is to use a .mm file but make an Objective C wrapper around the use of std::string and std::regex_replace() (or regex_match()).