Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 863 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
[Request] Screen capture

I was wondering if someone could make a tutorial making it easy to take a screen shot.

I was wanting it so the program would run in the background or in the task bar and then when you hit print screen it would save the picture to a place that you have preselected. this way you can just hit the button and not have to past it in ps or gimp or ms paint.

If there already is a program i would like it but i would love for a tutorial a bit more.

Thank you in advance.

Use hotkeys and listen for the Prnt Scrn button, you can do this by invoking the keys.

Then use this (I'm not vouching for it, never tried it, i don't know if it works)

[To see links please register here]

Quote:(04-22-2013, 03:21 PM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Use hotkeys and listen for the Prnt Scrn button, you can do this by invoking the keys.

Then use this (I'm not vouching for it, never tried it, i don't know if it works)

You can't listen for a key system-wide or "globally" by invoking anything. Invoking has nothing to do with awaiting events. Also the code posted on that SO link, by the OP is terrible. The suggestions are the proper way if you read on. Just should be worth mentioning I thought. SendKeys to invoke the print screen key, is a very stupid/silly and lazy way of doing it.

Quote:cxS Wrote:You can't listen for a key system-wide or "globally" by invoking anything. Invoking has nothing to do with awaiting events. Also the code posted on that SO link, by the OP is terrible. The suggestions are the proper way if you read on. Just should be worth mentioning I thought. SendKeys to invoke the print screen key, is a very stupid/silly and lazy way of doing it.

Ahh, but you can. I've made programs that listen to keys on a global scale, not just when your program is the currently active window.
And if you haven't already noticed, I said I have never tried what I linked. All I did was Google it, just like anybody else can. I don't care what I found. As long as it was on-topic.

Quote:(04-23-2013, 03:14 PM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Quote:cxS Wrote:You can't listen for a key system-wide or "globally" by invoking anything. Invoking has nothing to do with awaiting events. Also the code posted on that SO link, by the OP is terrible. The suggestions are the proper way if you read on. Just should be worth mentioning I thought. SendKeys to invoke the print screen key, is a very stupid/silly and lazy way of doing it.

Ahh, but you can. I've made programs that listen to keys on a global scale, not just when your program is the currently active window.
And if you haven't already noticed, I said I have never tried what I linked. All I did was Google it, just like anybody else can. I don't care what I found. As long as it was on-topic.

lol No... I think you're confused on what "Invoke" means in terms of programming. A lecture on semantics, think of "invoke" as an action, because that's basically what it is in simplest form. This has absolutely nothing to do with listening for anything. So if you say it can be done by invoking keys, what you are essentially saying is that it can be done by executing virtual key events, not listening for them, and which makes no sense.

I never said it was impossible to have global hotkeys, I said it can't be achieved by "invoking" keys. I also read that you hadn't tried anything on that link, but it was irrelevant to what I was pointing out. You don't understand what "invoke" means.

I think ubuntu has it built into f12 or something...

Personally, I use jing. I know it's not print screen, but it gives nice pictures, and automatically uploads so you can share them and such

Quote:cxs Wrote:lol No... I think you're confused on what "Invoke" means in terms of programming. A lecture on semantics, think of "invoke" as an action, because that's basically what it is in simplest form. This has absolutely nothing to do with listening for anything. So if you say it can be done by invoking keys, what you are essentially saying is that it can be done by executing virtual key events, not listening for them, and which makes no sense.

I never said it was impossible to have global hotkeys, I said it can't be achieved by "invoking" keys. I also read that you hadn't tried anything on that link, but it was irrelevant to what I was pointing out. You don't understand what "invoke" means.

I know exactly what it means. And yes, it was done. I'm not executing virtual key events, it listened to what you typed, and you could tell it what to do accordingly.
I had global hotkeys from invoking. Google some things. And I was talking about the link because you did first. I was responding to what you said. Your entire post wasn't about 1 thing, it was about two. The link, and invoking.

Quote:(04-24-2013, 03:50 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

I know exactly what it means. And yes, it was done. I'm not executing virtual key events, it listened to what you typed, and you could tell it what to do accordingly.
I had global hotkeys from invoking. Google some things. And I was talking about the link because you did first. I was responding to what you said. Your entire post wasn't about 1 thing, it was about two. The link, and invoking.

As I said before, and I will say it one more time... I never said it was not done or could not be done. And I also, never said my post was about one thing now did I? :S Where did you get that from?
>>I was responding to what you said. Your entire post wasn't about 1 thing, it was about two. The link, and invoking.

Now back onto what I was initially (mainly) trying to point out:
>>I'm not executing virtual key events
>>it listened to what you typed, and you could tell it what to do accordingly.
>>I had global hotkeys from invoking

1. When you say you invoke the keys, regardless of what the code you have, looks like. From the wording, that means you're doing something, action-wise, perhaps executing something. This is the complete opposite of listening for something; event-based. Perhaps from the hotkey you can invoke something, but you can't invoke the keys or invoke the hotkey like you've been saying.
2. I already mentioned that events and listening for hotkey keypresses, is not invoking, and in no way can you invoke to do this, because invoke means something entirely different.
3. You didn't have global hotkeys from invoking, you think you do, but that makes no sense.

Therefore:
>>I know exactly what it means.

You have no idea what it means.

Some links:
-

-

-

Some phrases:
- "Method Invoke"
- "Invoking the commandline"
- "Invoking a delegate"

There's absolutely nowhere, both in programming terms and by English definition where Invoke means to listen to anything. It's all action based. So now put that in the context of what you initially said: "you can do this by invoking the keys."

Lets look at further definitions:
-

-

Quote:(computing, To cause a program or subroutine to execute): call, execute, run

Look at the context in which it's used here too:

You're way out to lunch, you don't know what Invoking is. I've been a programmer for years, and I definitely know what invoke is, and means. If you were right, then Delegates would not have a built in Inovke() method, and it would perhaps be called Listen(); neither of which is the case, and it wouldn't make sense for it to be that way if you know what a Delegate is.

Now even if you come to your senses and now understand what Invoking is... How can you invoke a global hotkey? Or Invoke a key to "listen" for when to take a screenshot?

Hahah, chill out. You're getting so into it, it was invoking. Just because you've been in programming for years doesn't mean you know everything. I don't know a lot, but I know what I do talk about it. Calm your clitoris, and take some Ecstasy to chill.

I'm also friends with programmers who have been coding for 15+ years, my step dad for example. Plus people on the internet who make ahcks for games. They all call it invoking. You don't know what my code was like, so how can you even talk?

You're implying that I said I know everything, OR perhaps even, that I have to know everything in order to know what invoking is? :S Explain further, because that logic is flawed the way I'm reading it... And anybody who calls it invoking is wrong. And just further supports what I already know; there's lots of programmers out there, but not all of them are good. So either you misunderstood what these other programmers meant, and you are now using a false interpretation of what you think invoking is, in your posts, or they also don't know what it means.

If you meant, invoking the method in which captures the screen to an image and saves it, then that would be right, but that is the action of the hotkey, and I don't think you understand this...

Quote:You don't know what my code was like, so how can you even talk?

I don't have to know what your code looks like in order to tell you that you don't know what invoking is, based on the context by which you use the word in. Your code is irrelevant to my claims. You said you can achieve a global hotkey by invoking the keys:
Quote:Use hotkeys and listen for the Prnt Scrn button, you can do this by invoking the keys.

You cannot "listen for the Prnt Scrn button", by "invoking the keys". You can however, invoke the Print Screen key to be pressed, but that's far different than listening for it to be pressed.

You can invoke stuff from a hotkey event, but invoking a hotkey, or a key is poor choice of words that means something entirely different. Look into Virtual Key Events. That would be what "invoking a key" is all about.