Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 197 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Rollback on every checked exception, whenever I say @Transactional

Since the programmer is forced to catch all checked exception, I to throw checked exception in case of any problem. I would like to rollback on any of those expections. Writing `rollbackFor=Exception.class`on every `@Transactional` annotation is very error-prone, so I would like to tell spring, that: "whenever I write `@Transactional`, I mean `@Transactional(rollbackFor=Exception.class)`".

I know, that I could create a custom annotation, but that seems unnatural.

So is there a way to tell spring how it should handle checked excpetions _globally_?

You can:

- catch and wrap the checked exception into an unchecked exception - `throw new RuntimeException(checkedException)`
- create a proxy around the method, using `MethodInterceptor` (or `@AroundInvoke`, or any other means to create aspects in spring), declare it to be executed before the `<tx:annotation-driven />` by specifying `order="1"` and `order="2"` and catch and wrap there.

Looks like you can configure a transactional advice based on method name like this:
(from [the Spring 2.0 docs][1])

>Exactly which Exception types mark a transaction for rollback can be configured. Find below a snippet of XML configuration that demonstrates how one would configure rollback for a checked, application-specific Exception type.

<tx:advice id="txAdvice" transaction-manager="txManager">
<tx:attributes>
<tx:method name="get*" read-only="false" rollback-for="NoProductInStockException"/>
<tx:method name="*"/>
</tx:attributes>
</tx:advice>

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

Approach with custom annotation looks good and straightforward, but if you actually don't want to use it, you can create a custom `TransactionAttributeSource` to modify interpretation of `@Transactional`:

public class RollbackForAllAnnotationTransactionAttributeSource
extends AnnotationTransactionAttributeSource {
@Override
protected TransactionAttribute determineTransactionAttribute(
AnnotatedElement ae) {
TransactionAttribute target = super.determineTransactionAttribute(ae);
if (target == null) return null;
else return new DelegatingTransactionAttribute(target) {
@Override
public boolean rollbackOn(Throwable ex) {
return true;
}
};
}
}

And instead of `<tx:annotation-driven/>` you configure it manually as follows (see source of `AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser`):

<bean id = "txAttributeSource"
class = "RollbackForAllAnnotationTransactionAttributeSource" />

<bean id = "txInterceptor"
class = "org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor">
<property name = "transactionManagerBeanName" value = "transactionManager" />
<property name = "transactionAttributeSource" ref = "txAttributeSource" />
</bean>

<bean
class = "org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.BeanFactoryTransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor">
<property name="transactionAttributeSource" ref = "txAttributeSource" />
<property name = "adviceBeanName" value = "txInterceptor" />
</bean>

Also you need `<aop:config/>` or `<aop:aspectj-autoproxy />`.

However note that such overrides may be confusing for other developers who expect a normal behaviour of `@Transactional`.

Custom Shortcut Annotations
---------------------------

> I know, that I could create a custom
> annotation, but that seems unnatural.

No, this is exactly the use case for a Custom Annotation. Here's a quote from [Custom Shortcut Annotations][1] in the Spring Reference:

> If you find you are repeatedly using
> the same attributes with
> @Transactional on many different
> methods, then Spring's meta-annotation
> support allows you to define custom
> shortcut annotations for your specific
> use cases.

Sample Code
-----------

And here's a sample annotation for your use case:

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

@Target({ElementType.METHOD, ElementType.TYPE})
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
@Transactional(rollbackFor=Exception.class)
public @interface MyAnnotation {
}

Now annotate your services and / or methods with `@MyAnnotation` (you'll think of a better name). This is well-tested functionality that works by default. Why re-invent the wheel?