Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 595 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
Rug Doctor SE

hello all, just looking for some input on a SE I'm planning to execute.

I rented a rug Doctor (day today rental carpet cleaning machine) and inadvertently ended up keeping it for 5-6days longer than the initial 24hr that I had signed up for.

After going through their terms and conditions, I'm thinking my best bet will be to go to prompt care for "respiratory distress caused by cleaning chemicals", obtaining a doctor's note stating as much, and contacting rug Doctor via telephone to inform them that their machine has caused me injury and that I'd like a refund for the entire rental period.

One thing I'd like opinions on is whether I should ask for a refund in the initial complaint email, or merely State my concerns and then let them offer the refund?

Any and all input is appreciated.

Quote:One thing I'd like opinions on is whether I should ask for a refund in the initial complaint email, or merely State my concerns and then let them offer the refund?

Quote:let them offer the refund
^ This.

They may not only offer a full refund, but could also compensate you for damages. If not and you don't agree with their decision, go ahead and use your plan as stated.

They may not only offer a full refund, but could also compensate you for damages. If not and you don't agree with their decision, go ahead and use your plan as stated.

[/quote]

Thanks @Mothered

This idea of damage compensation is interesting. and seems worth pursuing from an educational perspective, at the very least.
What damages, typically, would the company potentially be compensating for?
When speaking with the Rug Doctor reps, are there any pertinent details that, if mentioned, could increase the probability of damage compensation?

I will be visiting prompt care in short order to obtain a doctors opinion on my recent acute respiratory flare up. Are there any details that could be included in his or her note that could increase the likelihood of receiving damage compensation from the at fault company?

Thank you again for sharing so freely your vast wealth of knowledge.

Quote:(02-03-2023, 11:51 PM)SippinHg Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

What damages, typically, would the company potentially be compensating for?
When speaking with the Rug Doctor reps, are there any pertinent details that, if mentioned, could increase the probability of damage compensation?
Impossible to generalize.

My point Is, If you allow them to Issue a refund, you may also be compensated. What the actual compensation entails, Is purely at the company's discretion.

I will be visiting prompt care in short order to obtain a doctors opinion on my recent acute respiratory flare up. Are there any details that could be included in his or her note that could increase the likelihood of receiving damage compensation from the at fault company?
You've covered It well here:

"respiratory distress caused by cleaning chemicals"

Got it. Much appreciated.

Quote:(02-05-2023, 04:24 AM)SippinHg Wrote:

You're most welcome.

As usual, please keep us Informed of all developments.

Quote:(02-05-2023, 10:10 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (02-05-2023, 04:24 AM)SippinHg Wrote:

You're most welcome.

Sorry in advance if this is considered gravedigging, just wanted to let y'all know how this turned out.

After missing the return window for The rug Doctor, my life underwent a lengthy turbulent period, over the course of which I had completely forgotten about returning the rental.

After maybe 3 months(ish), have passed, I received a text message from the company threatening legal proceedings if the unit was not returned to the retailer from which it was rented. I did not reply to the text but did return the unit prior to the end of their ultimatum.

Armed with my doctor's note from that time period imdicating respiratory issues (potentially due to cleaning the carpet), the friendly retail worker refunded the rental charges, including the massive late fee that I would have otherwise been charged upon returning it "simply late"

Thanks again for your help @"mothered"

Quote:(07-03-2023, 01:38 AM)SippinHg Wrote:

Quote: (02-05-2023, 10:10 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (02-05-2023, 04:24 AM)SippinHg Wrote:

You're most welcome.

Sorry in advance if this is considered gravedigging, just wanted to let y'all know how this turned out.

After missing the return window for The rug Doctor, my life underwent a lengthy turbulent period, over the course of which I had completely forgotten about returning the rental.

After maybe 3 months(ish), have passed, I received a text message from the company threatening legal proceedings if the unit was not returned to the retailer from which it was rented. I did not reply to the text but did return the unit prior to the end of their ultimatum.

Armed with my doctor's note from that time period imdicating respiratory issues (potentially due to cleaning the carpet), the friendly retail worker refunded the rental charges, including the massive late fee that I would have otherwise been charged upon returning it "simply late"

Thanks again for your help @"mothered"
You're welcome.