Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 451 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
Runescape Turns 20 Years Old

Runescape turned 20 yesterday. Not many games are still around after this long, so it's pretty impressive.

Quote:The fantasy MMO Runescape launched on January 4, 2001, which means that as of today it is 20 years old. That's absolutely ancient in videogame terms, and so developer Jagex is marking the big birthday with a "Grand Party" that will feature anniversary-themed content that will run throughout the year.

The fun begins at Lumbridge Crater—"the gigantic hole behind Lumbridge Castle," for those unfamiliar with the territory—where the Wise Old Man will be handing out an exclusive 20th Anniversary Outfit and Cape to everyone who asks nicely. Players will also be granted different buffs and rewards, and earn a ten percent XP bonus, while they're in the crater.

Week-long events will be held throughout January, beginning with the Celebration of Quests, which will challenge players with three mini-quests featuring "iconic characters from the Runescape roster." That too will be accessible via the Lumbridge Crater, and will offer special rewards including XP lamps and 20th anniversary cake. Even bigger, a four-part anniversary quest called Once Upon a Time will run throughout 2021 to celebrate Runescape's past and present, "and even provide a glimpse of its future."

Read More:

[To see links please register here]

I can't believe It's been running for a couple of decades.

Without naming specifics, I remember Runescape was a hot commodity on a particular board (that most users loathe) around 11 years ago. I'm obviously not a gamer, so I'm not sure whether It's the same nowadays.

Quote:(01-06-2021, 09:02 AM)mothered Wrote:

I can't believe It's been running for a couple of decades.

Without naming specifics, I remember Runescape was a hot commodity on a particular board (that most users loathe) around 11 years ago. I'm obviously not a gamer, so I'm not sure whether It's the same nowadays.

I think a lot has changed since then. However, a recent post by one of the gamemakers said something along the lines of "nobody really stops playing Runescape, they just take really long breaks". I think there is an element of truth to that. It's certainly one of the most unique MMORPGs out there.

From a player perspective: I'm really loving the decorated lumbridge crater.

[Image: C2ES4eJJWZqSVhfTwLgU2n-1024-80.jpg.webp]

Quote:(01-07-2021, 09:59 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

"nobody really stops playing Runescape, they just take really long breaks"

100% true. I don't really play as often anymore, but I never quit.

I do quests and stuff on runescape to make money, I've quit loads and I end up not playing and doing this. Pays the bills most of the time.

Quote:(01-08-2021, 12:11 AM)Gruffity Wrote:

I do quests and stuff on runescape to make money, I've quit loads and I end up not playing and doing this. Pays the bills most of the time.

Make money? Do you mean IRL money? Like dung runs or something?

Quote:(01-08-2021, 01:33 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (01-08-2021, 12:11 AM)Gruffity Wrote:

Yes, like skilling, boss kills. I make about £200 a week if I'm quick or the jobs big enough, some weeks I barely scrape £160 it depends on the clientèle

Quote:(01-09-2021, 10:04 AM)Gruffity Wrote:

Quote: (01-08-2021, 01:33 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (01-08-2021, 12:11 AM)Gruffity Wrote:

Yes, like skilling, boss kills. I make about £200 a week if I'm quick or the jobs big enough, some weeks I barely scrape £160 it depends on the clientèle

Holy balls. How many hours worth is that?

I've yet to max my first account xD However, I like to play more casually at my own pace.

Quote:(01-06-2021, 07:29 AM)Oni Wrote:

Runescape turned 20 yesterday. Not many games are still around after this long, so it's pretty impressive.

Quote:The fantasy MMO Runescape launched on January 4, 2001, which means that as of today it is 20 years old. That's absolutely ancient in videogame terms, and so developer Jagex is marking the big birthday with a "Grand Party" that will feature anniversary-themed content that will run throughout the year.

The fun begins at Lumbridge Crater—"the gigantic hole behind Lumbridge Castle," for those unfamiliar with the territory—where the Wise Old Man will be handing out an exclusive 20th Anniversary Outfit and Cape to everyone who asks nicely. Players will also be granted different buffs and rewards, and earn a ten percent XP bonus, while they're in the crater.

Week-long events will be held throughout January, beginning with the Celebration of Quests, which will challenge players with three mini-quests featuring "iconic characters from the Runescape roster." That too will be accessible via the Lumbridge Crater, and will offer special rewards including XP lamps and 20th anniversary cake. Even bigger, a four-part anniversary quest called Once Upon a Time will run throughout 2021 to celebrate Runescape's past and present, "and even provide a glimpse of its future."

Read More:

Wow, i cant believe people are still playin this in 2021. I remember playing that game back in the late 00's when i was just a kid.
The game back then had a zone called 'wilderness' where you could enter and battle anyone, no matter if it was a powerful wizard and whatnot.
And everyone got so mad when they removed it haha. That was back in the old nostalgic days on the internet.
When you could say anything you wanted and people were getting hacked to left and right.

Quote:(01-19-2021, 10:33 PM)☣︎︎︎︎℟︎|†︎|NG0 Wrote:

Quote: (01-06-2021, 07:29 AM)Oni Wrote:

Read More:

Wow, i cant believe people are still playin this in 2021. I remember playing that game back in the late 00's when i was just a kid.
The game back then had a zone called 'wilderness' where you could enter and battle anyone, no matter if it was a powerful wizard and whatnot.
And everyone got so mad when they removed it haha. That was back in the old nostalgic days on the internet.
When you could say anything you wanted and people were getting hacked to left and right.

They reinstated wilderness a long time ago. It's still there.