Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 436 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Russia Attacks Ukraine

Russia has invaded the Ukraine, threatening other countries that plan to intervene.

Quote:Russia launched a

[To see links please register here]

on Thursday, hitting cities and bases with airstrikes or shelling, as civilians piled into trains and cars to flee. Ukraine’s government said Russian tanks and troops rolled across the border in a “full-scale war” that could rewrite the geopolitical order and whose fallout already reverberated around the world.

In unleashing Moscow’s most aggressive action since the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, President Vladimir Putin deflected global condemnation and cascading new sanctions — and chillingly referred to his country’s nuclear arsenal. He threatened any foreign country attempting to interfere with “consequences you have never seen.”

Sirens rang out in Ukraine’s capital, large explosions were heard there and in other cities, and people massed in train stations and took to roads, as the government said the former Soviet republic was seeing

from the east, north and south. It reported more than 40 soldiers had been killed and dozens wounded so far.

Read More:

I've been reading several different British news sources, and I'm rather concerned. It sounds like several entities (parts of our government and others) are gunning for a fight. Some have suggested we can somehow legally defend the Ukraine via use of our air-force in Ukraine's airspace. I don't really understand how that would be any different from us being outright involved in the war.
Which would then lead to a massive international conflict (beyond sanctions). I really don't think war is the solution here.

Yea I saw someone talking about this.. I remember hearing something about that nato isent involved yet but we never know. Obviously tensions are high and implanted martial law and are telling the citizens if they would like firearms that local police station were arming people who wanted to protect themselves

I see Russia fancied heisting the fuel for the remaining reactor in Chernobyl before everyone else piles in on the situation :/

Quote:(02-24-2022, 05:33 PM)Heatman Wrote:

Yea I saw someone talking about this.. I remember hearing something about that nato isent involved yet but we never know. Obviously tensions are high and implanted martial law and are telling the citizens if they would like firearms that local police station were arming people who wanted to protect themselves

That's sort of right. NATO doesn't have troops on the ground/air in the Ukraine as that would break international laws and literally start a world war between the Western Allies and Russia. However, NATO is heavily involved. This isn't about having a bit more land, it's entirely related to how Russia feels threatened by NATO. The Ukraine asked to become a member of NATO, and Russia was very unhappy about this. I say Russia, based on the protests from Russian's in Russia's own cities, it almost seems more that Putin feels this way.

Regardless, Russia is invading the Ukraine to prevent NATO threats. Which makes no sense to me, as the Ukraine was the only nation putting distance between Russia and it's NATO neighbours. If Russia takes the Ukraine, NATO will literally be on their doorstep.

NATO membership countries have thrown a ton of sanctions on Russia and are continuing to provide the Ukraine aid in any way they can beyond sending actual military forces.

I really hoped it will all stop by today...

Quote:(02-25-2022, 08:06 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (02-24-2022, 05:33 PM)Heatman Wrote:

That's sort of right. NATO doesn't have troops on the ground/air in the Ukraine as that would break international laws and literally start a world war between the Western Allies and Russia. However, NATO is heavily involved. This isn't about having a bit more land, it's entirely related to how Russia feels threatened by NATO. The Ukraine asked to become a member of NATO, and Russia was very unhappy about this. I say Russia, based on the protests from Russian's in Russia's own cities, it almost seems more that Putin feels this way.

Regardless, Russia is invading the Ukraine to prevent NATO threats. Which makes no sense to me, as the Ukraine was the only nation putting distance between Russia and it's NATO neighbours. If Russia takes the Ukraine, NATO will literally be on their doorstep.

NATO membership countries have thrown a ton of sanctions on Russia and are continuing to provide the Ukraine aid in any way they can beyond sending actual military forces.

Yeah the whole thing seems just Ukraine v Russia which while concerning, is not nearly as concerning as how big it will get if NATO has to get fully involved.

There's some bizarre implications for Europe's efforts towards space travel:

yo it's pretty fucked, but I like the publicity the PM is getting for being a solid dude. Every other PM is dog shit next to him..

Quote:(02-26-2022, 04:27 AM)billyferg Wrote:

Quote: (02-25-2022, 08:06 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (02-24-2022, 05:33 PM)Heatman Wrote:

Yeah the whole thing seems just Ukraine v Russia which while concerning, is not nearly as concerning as how big it will get if NATO has to get fully involved.

I'd be surprised if it goes further than the Ukraine. If it does, we've all really fucked up.

Quote: (02-27-2022, 12:46 AM)Oni Wrote:

There's some bizarre implications for Europe's efforts towards space travel:

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing those. Once they get past this unfortunate consequence of the war, I do wonder how much longer they are planning to use the ISS, and what their plans are for disposing of it. I'm aware it's already surpassed it's originally predicted lifespan.