Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 400 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
SSD Bootable Windows Failed

In The Name oF Allah
Al-Salam Alekum

How are you doing guys? So, I bought a SSD Hard type (Kingston) from a friend.. I told him that this hard looks very low in quality to me but he said it was very successfully and already sold thousend of them.

Anyways, After 8 months of using yesterday faild booting! After checking, found out that the disk showing as unlocatedspaces and all data gone :sad:

I used Mini Tool Partition Wizard Recovery tool and it didn't find my lost partitions but recovery tool recoverd part of lost data or files.

Now, I want your advice guys... What steps to take next? At least to recovery one of two lost partitions or most of lost data successfully.

Note: I have MiniTool Power Data Recovery pro version for recovering lost data.

best regards
Kurdy

Also, What is the percentage or rate of successfully recovering a lost partition? Have you ever recoverd one?

Quote:What steps to take next? At least to recovery one of two lost partitions or most of lost data successfully
Don't just try the one tool - hit quite a few.

Do note that you will not recover each and every file.

Quote: What is the percentage or rate of successfully recovering a lost partition?
Impossible to put a percentage figure.

Haven't heard of many SSDs failing. Usually fail rate is quite low unless it's an older drive. You're not going to recover the whole drive. That said, I've heard of EaseUS' recovery software and a few others... Depending on the value of the data it might be worth pursuing. I've had mixed results with these sort of software, and I'm not a forensics expert.

Quote:(02-12-2023, 02:56 AM)Oni Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Haven't heard of many SSDs failing. Usually fail rate is quite low unless it's an older drive. You're not going to recover the whole drive. That said, I've heard of EaseUS' recovery software and a few others... Depending on the value of the data it might be worth pursuing. I've had mixed results with these sort of software, and I'm not a forensics expert.

Quote:Haven't heard of many SSDs failing. Usually fail rate is quite low unless it's an older drive.
While you're correct that the failure rate of SSD's is generally low, that doesn't mean that they won't fail. In fact, SSD's can fail due to many reasons, including power surges, firmware bugs, physical damage, and etc. Also, even if the failure rate is low, the consequences of data loss can be significant, especially for people who rely on their data for their livelihood.

Also, OP, to answer your question about the percentage rate of recovery, I can't really put a percentage on it. It really depends on many different factors, like the reason for the partition loss, the method used for recovery, and really just the overall condition of the storage device.

Quote:(02-12-2023, 02:56 AM)Oni Wrote:

Haven't heard of many SSDs failing.
Nether did I, until a couple of my SSDs failed over a 3 year period.

Thankfully I have a few backup drives.

Quote:(02-12-2023, 10:35 AM)IcyJake Wrote:

SSD's can fail due to many reasons, including power surges, firmware bugs, physical damage, and etc.

Those issues would also kill any other PC part, to be fair. What I meant is more the possibility of mechanical failure.

That said, risk of SSDs failing does tend to increase after 5 years and some manufacturers aren't the best.

Quote:(02-12-2023, 02:52 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote:What steps to take next? At least to recovery one of two lost partitions or most of lost data successfully
Don't just try the one tool - hit quite a few.

Do note that you will not recover each and every file.

Quote: What is the percentage or rate of successfully recovering a lost partition?
Impossible to put a percentage figure.

Well, recovery applications only recovered 160 Gb of 400Gbs so that is a very low percentage.

I checked the SSDs for any damages by an application and saw around 5% damaged .. I still can't figure out why?

Tho, I wiped all data inside the SSD for good with CCleaner and sent back the hard to its vendor... Replaced it with Dahua SSD.

Let us try this one haha

Quote:(02-17-2023, 09:31 AM)Mr.Kurd Wrote:

Well, recovery applications only recovered 160 Gb of 400Gbs so that is a very low percentage.
The amount of data recovered, depends on the recovery software/tool, as well as the amount of activity performed on the drive.

Quote:(02-17-2023, 10:38 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (02-17-2023, 09:31 AM)Mr.Kurd Wrote:

The amount of data recovered, depends on the recovery software/tool, as well as the amount of activity performed on the drive.
it was quite a new drive tho, I think that is why it didn't recovery most of data.

I think what everyone here is trying to say, is:

As an example, if the file system was to get bad sectors, the partition could easily show up as RAW. This does not mean that the actual data is gone, and can usually be sorted out by running a repair on the disk. Usually there would be no need for recovery software.

Comparing the previous example to something like accidentally running a low level format on a hard drive because you thought you unplugged the hard drive you wanted to save the information and swapped it with one you wanted to format because it came from a dodgy friend. Then to realize you formatted the wrong drive, only after the process has completed.
This scenario will need recovery software, lots of patience and a kung-fu hiding you give yourself as chances for successful recovery goes down, by a lot.

Now above example again but instead of a format, you by chance just deleted the partition and did not format the drive and at that point realized your mistake. Since the data that was on the drive was not shredded / written over with anything else, there is a fairly high chance for recovering the whole partition, in pretty much the same shape as it was.

So as the guys said above, and also the words used on a way too regular basis by IT guys... "It depends on quite a couple of factors", and that is why you won't get a straight answer to your question.

I apologize if you have already understood what was meant by the responses to your post. I have just found in the past that it's easier for someone to understand something if the answer is paired with an example or two.