Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 579 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Same Old, but newer Post-bit

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

So, seeing how my other design idea was so well received but wasn't practical... I tried to make something that doesn't require something such as "hover" or anything alike it. A standard, non-interactive post-bit design that allows for some more customization, an additional button and generally looks better if you ask me. Though who knows, people will like it or they won't, that is where you guys come on. Share your thoughts, what do you like about it, what don't you like about it and so on.

Im loving the statbox but not so sure on the circles.

I do like this compared to the current one.

So this is what i don't like

1. The background of where the actual stats are i believe it would look pretty bad with our theme and wouldn't really blend in.
2. (more of a question) Will all members have the background behind the avatar?
3."beta member" and "days old" text just looks so dull and washed out.

Quote:(09-01-2016, 08:16 PM)Paradigm Wrote:

The circles behind the avatar? That is a background image. Say normal and Waves get to chose from a gallery if images, where as Blaze gets to set their own custom images.

Quote:(09-01-2016, 08:22 PM)Zaiken Wrote:

1. The background of where the actual stats are i believe it would look pretty bad with our theme and wouldn't really blend in.

1. That could a) be changed to anything or nothing. b) Be changed to another pattern by members as they please themselves, from a gallery of course. (So we don't get random colorized images there.)

2. The idea was that normal and waves get to chose from a gallery created by the staff. (Say 10-20 images/textures/patterns to chose from.) While Blaze members are allowed to change the images themselves. These images would also have a darker overlay to them, so they aren't super bright and vibrant, but still visible to the eye.

3. Well. I guess that could be changed.

This is a example of what a normal image would look like;

Quote:(09-01-2016, 09:53 PM)Crovus Wrote:

Quote: (09-01-2016, 08:16 PM)Paradigm Wrote:

The circles behind the avatar? That is a background image. Say normal and Waves get to chose from a gallery if images, where as Blaze gets to set their own custom images.

1. That could a) be changed to anything or nothing. b) Be changed to another pattern by members as they please themselves, from a gallery of course. (So we don't get random colorized images there.)

2. The idea was that normal and waves get to chose from a gallery created by the staff. (Say 10-20 images/textures/patterns to chose from.) While Blaze members are allowed to change the images themselves. These images would also have a darker overlay to them, so they aren't super bright and vibrant, but still visible to the eye.

Pretty sure this will still be a problem since it was all the custom images making lots of loading.

Quote:(09-01-2016, 11:16 PM)Zaiken Wrote:

Quote: (09-01-2016, 09:53 PM)Crovus Wrote:

Quote: (09-01-2016, 08:16 PM)Paradigm Wrote:

Pretty sure this will still be a problem since it was all the custom images making lots of loading.

Unless the patterns are made into a sprite-sheet of sorts. Then not so much of a problem.

One thing I do not like is how small the post body font is, it's almost unreadable. Nonetheless it's a really nice revamp.

Quote:(09-01-2016, 11:16 PM)Zaiken Wrote:

Quote:(09-02-2016, 01:00 AM)Silence Wrote:

Unless the patterns are made into a sprite-sheet of sorts. Then not so much of a problem.

Apparently, after a whooping 5 minutes of testing, they concluded that it would increase the load times too much. Though I severely doubt they tried to limit the sizes properly, which is the same approach Facebook, Instagram and so on use. It might decrease the quality of images slightly, but in return it barely affects the overall loading times. That and there have been several forums in the past with an approach like this. The highest loading time that it ever reached was 9 seconds and on average it was 4-5 seconds. (Less on stronger connections.) Meaning it is very well possible.

Quote:(09-02-2016, 10:18 AM)Zodiac Wrote:

Well we'll see about it. Maybe we'll have an option to allow users to disable it.

Now you're thinking the right way. Good boi.

Quote:(09-02-2016, 10:15 AM)Crovus Wrote:

Quote: (09-02-2016, 10:11 AM)Zodiac Wrote:

So you'd be happy to wait 4-5 seconds to allow a page to load?

It already takes pages (from time to time) to load, 3-4 seconds. Increase in one second isn't a whole lot. Plus, with such a bland approach to design, people lose interest in the looks and the lack of interactive elements is a sure way to give people the feeling of; "what can I actually do?". Not to mention the lack of Blaze features. Approaches such as this aims to fix that. "Where there is light, shadows are sure to follow." Meaning, you cannot have the best of two worlds. However, in this case, the good out weight the bad by a lot. So yes, I would easily be okay with having to wait another second or two to have a overall better time at the site.

(Heck I wait longer when I swap songs on Spotify or change Youtube video.)

Well we'll see about it. Maybe we'll have an option to allow users to disable it.