Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 568 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
Saving wordpress settings api options with ajax,

I have been wrestling with this problem for quite some time now.
I have an options page for a theme, and a single option registered.

I have been trying to get the option updated via ajax every time a user presses the save button, here is my code.

JS:

function save_main_options_ajax() {

$('.main-options-form').submit( function () {

var b = $(this).serialize(),
optdata = { action : "wp_ajax_main_options_save", data: b };

$.post( ajaxurl, b, function (response) {
if (response == 1 ) { alert('sucess'); }
else { alert(optdata);}
});
return false;
});
}
save_main_options_ajax();

The php:

function main_options_save_ajax() {

check_ajax_referer('_wpnonce', '_wpnonce' );

$data = $_POST;
unset($data['option_page'], $data['action'], $data['_wpnonce'], $data['_wp_http_referer']);

if ( update_option('main_options', $data ) )
{ die(1); }
else { die (0); }
}
add_action('wp_ajax_main_options_save', 'main_options_save_ajax' );

The response i see in firebug is 0. Im not sure what im missing here, i have tried this with some variations but nothing seems to work.

Try to change action value from `wp_ajax_main_options_save` to `main_options_save`. Wordpress adds the prefix `wp_ajax_` to your action value automatically like `wp_ajax_{your_posted_action}`.

Read 5 excellent tips [here][1] for additional best practises.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

Found a way to save settings via ajax when using Settings API.

The main mistake that i made in my code is that i used the wrong url path.

Instead of using the standard `ajaxurl` which is what you would usually use when making ajax calls in wordpress; we use the action call of your settings api form, which is `options.php`.

Because we use this url path, there is no need for a php function to handle the request as options.php handles all of this for us.

Therefore we only need to handle the js function which looks like this in my instance.

function save_main_options_ajax() {
$('.main-options-form').submit( function () {
var b = $(this).serialize();
$.post( 'options.php', b ).error(
function() {
alert('error');
}).success( function() {
alert('success');
});
return false;
});
}
save_main_options_ajax();

That is it, after saving i got the success alert, and my options were saved.

**Note:** There is only one peculiarity that I noticed. After finishing the `POST` request, and showing the success alert, the page makes a `GET` request for a page version of your options page which has the parameters `&settings-updated=true` added onto the end of the url.

I don't know if this is something to be worried about, I have not encountered any problems, but it could be something to consider in the long run.