Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 913 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
Selenium tut for scraping

I'm not that good at java, I just used it enough to know what i'm doing (when it comes to selenium)

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

W/o comments

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

I need to know, can I use Selenium on any PC after creating a java application? Or I need to install Selenium on each PC I intend to use the application on?

I can't get a great look at the code since I'm on mobile, but you should methodize the program (i.e., use methods to split it into chunks) and let it take command line arguments (the String[] args in main) to scrape the user's desired site. Also, with sites using couldflare, you need to give it a few seconds to pass the DDoS protection page.

Quote:(08-26-2016, 09:03 AM)BORW3 Wrote:

I need to know, can I use Selenium on any PC after creating a java application? Or I need to install Selenium on each PC I intend to use the application on?

After compiling ("creating", in your terms) the program, it will work on any computer you use it on. That's why Java requires import statements for everything: import statements tell the compiler what to include in the final product. Additionally, since Java is completely cross-platform, you can run it on any computer that has Java installed, not just PC.

Quote:(08-26-2016, 04:54 PM)Ao- Wrote:

I can't get a great look at the code since I'm on mobile, but you should methodize the program (i.e., use methods to split it into chunks) and let it take command line arguments (the String[] args in main) to scrape the user's desired site. Also, with sites using couldflare, you need to give it a few seconds to pass the DDoS protection page.

After compiling ("creating", in your terms) the program, it will work on any computer you use it on. That's why Java requires import statements for everything: import statements tell the compiler what to include in the final product. Additionally, since Java is completely cross-platform, you can run it on any computer that has Java installed, not just PC.

Does Selenium support javascript input on submit buttons? Because I tried using HTMLUnit and it didn't submit my requests on clicking buttons with it, I read I found that if the website had javascript errors then it would'nt load and work properly. So Does Selenium have this same problem?

Quote:(08-27-2016, 12:05 PM)BORW3 Wrote:

Quote: (08-26-2016, 04:54 PM)Ao- Wrote:

Does Selenium support javascript input on submit buttons? Because I tried using HTMLUnit and it didn't submit my requests on clicking buttons with it, I read I found that if the website had javascript errors then it would'nt load and work properly. So Does Selenium have this same problem?

I mainly use the Python bindings for selenium, so I'm not sure if it's a Java-specific issue, but any JavaScript events/actions/listeners should work if they're put together correctly

Quote:(08-27-2016, 02:33 PM)Ao- Wrote:

Quote: (08-27-2016, 12:05 PM)BORW3 Wrote:

I mainly use the Python bindings for selenium, so I'm not sure if it's a Java-specific issue, but any JavaScript events/actions/listeners should work if they're put together correctly

Okay, I have tried it, works better with javascript than HTMLUnit ever did. I also tried creating a youtube bot to rack up views with Selenium. I used HtmlUNitDriver wih Selenium and a get() to a video page, i didn't add the web views, but opening the link with firefox normally worked fine. So.... Wondering if you can assist me here.

Quote:(08-27-2016, 12:05 PM)BORW3 Wrote:

Are you trying to Click a Submit button via JS?

Quote:(08-29-2016, 01:54 PM)BORW3 Wrote:

Quote: (08-27-2016, 02:33 PM)Ao- Wrote:

Quote: (08-27-2016, 12:05 PM)BORW3 Wrote:

Okay, I have tried it, works better with javascript than HTMLUnit ever did. I also tried creating a youtube bot to rack up views with Selenium. I used HtmlUNitDriver wih Selenium and a get() to a video page, i didn't add the web views, but opening the link with firefox normally worked fine. So.... Wondering if you can assist me here.

Numberphile did a good video on this topic. YouTube tries their best to veto "counterfeit" views, so it's harder than just visiting the page.

You are making a pretty big mistake here. NEVER assume an element exists in Selenium, if anything goes wrong it will exception out and you will be screwed.

Quote:(08-29-2016, 04:22 PM)Ao- Wrote:

Quote: (08-29-2016, 01:54 PM)BORW3 Wrote:

Quote: (08-27-2016, 02:33 PM)Ao- Wrote:

Numberphile did a good video on this topic. YouTube tries their best to veto "counterfeit" views, so it's harder than just visiting the page.

LOL. Man. 301 is end of bot counters.