Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 249 Vote(s) - 3.69 Average
Should I implement my own CMS?

Here goes the most boring answer ever: "It depends"

What does it depend on? Well, most importantly:

1. How big is the difference between what you need and what others already can do? If an open source solution has 98% of your features, why would you want to redo all that from scratch, instead of just getting acquainted with it and adding the few things you need.
2. How much time do you want to spend with maintenance? If you choose to roll your own, you and only you are responsible for ALL maintenance. If you use an open source CMS and if you distribute your modifications as well, there are chances other people will fix existent bugs, even if they are yours. Otherwise, it is your responsibility to test, fix, extend and optimize the CMS, and you're on your own. If your plan is to actually create your own CMS, that you want to use on multiple occasions, then ok. If you're only tasked to answer one customer's need, forget creating your own CMS.

greetz
back2dos

It's funny that we use the expression "don't reinvent the wheel" for situations like this. World history from about 2000 BC to 1500 BC was dominated by charioteers, who had quite literally *reinvented the wheel*. Prior to this time wagon wheels were solid slabs of wood, which made for a wagon that was not fast enough to outrun the angry mobs of armed men that you were trying to shoot arrows at. The invention of the (much lighter) *spoked* wheel enabled them to drive around all day shooting arrows into people.

Most CMS systems I've encountered are the programming equivalent of big, solid wheels (I'd say *square* wheels that are half-eaten by termites, but that's not fair in all cases). Maybe this guy has what it takes to invent a better wheel.