Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 298 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Simple clean CMS for programming project website

What is the best yet simple CMS for closed-source programming project hosting? I'd like to keep webpage plain and simple, include screenshot, basic features and blog headlines on main page, then have project blog, screenshots gallery, feature list and downloads on separate pages.

My goal is somethong between

[To see links please register here]

and

Suitable themes for general-purpose CMSes are welcome too, but I'm affraid Wordpress or Drupal may too complex for such purposes. Or am I wrong? If I am wrong, please do not post "+1 for WP", but please link theme that meets requirements.

I'd like to host webpage on my own, so Google Code and similar does not fit.

I like to use Redmine with Subversion. Ive never tried to theme it or anything though. Its also a little complex but the complexity is actually geared toward maintaining projects as opposed to something like Drupal which is geared toward "content".

Drupal is not too complex for what you want to do and is what I would recommend. You want themese? Drupal has [dozens][1] and [dozens][2]

[1]:

[2]:

This is a good match for Wordpress. Wordpress is actually a decent small CMS not just a blogging engine.

Use Wordpress's static page feature to build your feature lists and download pages. Customize the home page template to show the information about your project, and move the blog articles to one side, showing only their headlines.

I can't recommend a theme offhand, but this would not be a hard thing to customize.

If you don't mind using [Bazzar][1] as version control system I would recommend you [Launchpad][2].

Otherwise [Redmine][3] will fit your requirements, but finding themes for it is difficult.

If you're hosting only one project, [Trac][4] will be easier to set up.

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

I'm quite fond of sNews -

You can plug any basic template into it, all it needs is an index page and a css file.

Galleries aren't included by default, but here is a mod that adds them:

It's not too bloated or complex, and it's very easy to keep clean as it has a minimal set of features to begin with.

Sourceforge has it all. I'm positive it's what your looking for.

I believe that If you wish to host a complete site as you have suggested, then MODx CMS will be a great alternative....

It is a very well featured CMS, with all webpage content being saved into a MySQL database... want to migrate your site... easy as.. Just copy the database and there you have it...

Modules include, blogging, newsletters + more!

Check it out at MODxcms.com and look up the features!

BTW... The community support forum is very, very helpful too!

I think you can use a service like CushyCMS (

) which is very lightweight and has a free service. The only problem is that you have to go to their website and it displays their logos. But you can look at the priced options.

Trac is commonly used for programming project websites. It has a great integration with source control and bug tracking, has a built-in Wiki and customizable styles to fit your aesthetic needs.