Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 235 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Sneaky way of storing your passwords

I think most of you guys can relate to the uncomfortable feeling in your gut caused by knowing that you have important passwords/passphrases
stored on a piece of paper in your home, exposing you to the dangers of an unexpected house search.

But worry no more, I think I just have invented the perfect solution!

So basically my idea is that you can grab any grocery item in your home like a bottle of ketchup, cleaning supplies etc. (which you will remember and won't throw out accidentally)
and just take a look at it's label, then assemble a password from the text in a way that is easy to recall,
but near impossible to guess for anyone else.
And boom now you have a decent password stored in hindsight with super secret military grade encryption.

I attached a horribly edited pic as demonstration:

[To see links please register here]

Quote:(10-12-2022, 06:43 PM)perry Wrote:

I think most of you guys can relate to the uncomfortable feeling in your gut caused by knowing that you have important passwords/passphrases
stored on a piece of paper in your home, exposing you to the dangers of an unexpected house search.

But worry no more, I think I just have invented the perfect solution!

So basically my idea is that you can grab any grocery item in your home like a bottle of ketchup, cleaning supplies etc. (which you will remember and won't throw out accidentally)
and just take a look at it's label, then assemble a password from the text in a way that is easy to recall,
but near impossible to guess for anyone else (unless the feds try bruting your stuff using the characters printed on the lonely bottle of mayonnaize inside your fridge)
and boom now you have a decent password stored in hindsight with secret military grade encryption.

I attached a horribly edited pic as demonstration:

this is extremly smart, I can already think of a few items that I have consistently had in my house at all times that I could use

…or just throw them through an AES encryptor and put it in a txt file…

Quote:(10-15-2022, 11:52 AM)Tascal Wrote:

does the job well.

Quote:(10-15-2022, 11:52 AM)Tascal Wrote:

But you would still have to store the encryption key somewhere wouldn't you?

This method is for the convenience of you not having to memorise or physically store a long and complicated passphrase for your veracrypt drives, persistent storages etc.

Quote:(10-15-2022, 12:11 PM)perry Wrote:

This method is for the convenience of you not having to memorise or physically store a long and complicated passphrase
Passphrases, or as I like to call them "password sentences", are extremely easy to remember and very difficult to crack.

Quote:(10-15-2022, 03:17 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (10-15-2022, 12:11 PM)perry Wrote:

This method is for the convenience of you not having to memorise or physically store a long and complicated passphrase
Passphrases, or as I like to call them "password sentences", are extremely easy to remember and very difficult to crack.

Damn I thought passphrase is just a synonym for password, but a password sentence seems like a better solution, idk why I haven't thought of that.

Quote:(10-15-2022, 10:11 PM)perry Wrote:

Damn I thought passphrase is just a synonym for password, but a password sentence seems like a better solution, idk why I haven't thought of that.
If you base the passphrase on something related to your Interests, It's not difficult to remember but hard to crack.

For Instance, "I love going for long walks along the beach". Even stronger when substituting letters with numbers: "I l0ve g0ing f0r l0ng walks al0ng the beach". It's only a single letter type change to a number, hence easy to remember what you've changed.

Quote:(10-15-2022, 12:11 PM)perry Wrote:

Quote: (10-15-2022, 11:52 AM)Tascal Wrote:

But you would still have to store the encryption key somewhere wouldn't you?

This method is for the convenience of you not having to memorise or physically store a long and complicated passphrase for your veracrypt drives, persistent storages etc.
memorising a 16 digit key for AES isn’t difficult, especially when using passphrases like @mothered suggests.

Quote:(10-21-2022, 10:49 PM)Tascal Wrote:

memorising a 16 digit key for AES isn’t difficult, especially when using passphrases like @mothered suggests.
Where applicable, I've been using passphrases for decades and my accounts etc have remained secure to date.