Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 872 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
Someone finally fixed Firefox's bad UI

A history of fucking up the FF UI
For a long time, the devs at Mozilla (whom we respect and admire, mind you, they are only human) have been hamsters on a perpetual design fail wheel. They will come out with a code change that users will like for a while and then they will suddenly, sometimes abruptly change it to something else that users don't like as much. They'll then add in a feature where you can return to that other design, before the fuck-up, before eventually deleting it altogether. "It" being the GOOD code that we LIKED.

We've been beating this dead horse for so long now, some of us are starting to believe it can't just fucking die (sorry for any unnecessary visuals back to the days of Red Dead). Then, lo and behold, it did die. The update to 90 killed the UI of Firefox's "Photon" design (going from Proton theme in beta version 89*).

What they were thinking when they removed (or possibly broke, but that's semantics) the buttons and logos in the menu, for one. Second, the tabs were harshly changed to not only not work with beta out-of-the-box (kind of expected for a beta, but x10) but also the stablerelease, too. So, someone - a kind internet stranger - took it upon themselves to fix this broken, junky garbage code written by monkeys.

You can download the code here on their GitHub:

[To see links please register here]

And bask in the glory of non-shit code. It also works in version 89 (and notably also with my OCD) if you still would like to use that one.

Notable fixes include:
  • Icons: Panel
  • Padding Narrower:
    - Tab
    - Panel
    - Menu
    - Density

• Tab Design:
    - Connect with toolbar (Buttons like tabs)
    - Box Shadow - Highlight the selected tab
    - Bottom Rounding - Natural
    - MultiSelected - Adjust Color: Easily recognizable.
    - Unselect - Divide Line: React to hover like chrome
    - Clipped - Cleary Text: Adjusted clipped gradation
    - Sound - Remove Second Label
    - Always show favicon
    - Pinned - combinded (sic) Close Button: Replace favicon to close button at selected
    - Container Tab - Highlight line position: Displayed under favicon.

Before:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

[/hide]

I noticed the new UI a few hours ago when It performed Its automatic update.

I don't like It one bit.

Quote:(06-03-2021, 08:17 AM)mothered Wrote:

I noticed the new UI a few hours ago when It performed Its automatic update.

I don't like It one bit.
I was about to uninstall Nightly, then I checked the stable branch, then I saw this posted somewhere and thought, "maybe not all is lost after all."

Quote:(06-03-2021, 08:56 AM)vittring Wrote:

I was about to uninstall Nightly, then I checked the stable branch, then I saw this posted somewhere and thought, "maybe not all is lost after all."
For myself, It's probably a matter of familiarizing the new UI, so only time will tell whether I will adapt to the change.

I don't get what changed with the tabs? Just minor graphic changes right? And dark theme seems darker. I like it!
And I personally don't really care about some logo missing in the menu, you're not supposed to use this menu often anyway :wink:

The only UI I had some trouble to get used to was Firefox Nightly on Android a long time ago, wasn't very user friendly when you're used to Android Chrome

I won't lie, I haven't used Firefox for some time, but this thread was worth reading for how you wrote it. That was a giggle. The after picture does look unbelievably different. It's amazing what a bit of tweaking can do.

Quote:(06-03-2021, 02:25 PM)fritz Wrote:

I don't get what changed with the tabs? Just minor graphic changes right? And dark theme seems darker. I like it!
And I personally don't really care about some logo missing in the menu, you're not supposed to use this menu often anyway :wink:

The only UI I had some trouble to get used to was Firefox Nightly on Android a long time ago, wasn't very user friendly when you're used to Android Chrome

Notable differences to both the menu and icons, as well as the top tabbing being spaced correctly with multiple tabs open. AND, it looks okay with Tree Tabs.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(06-03-2021, 04:42 PM)vittring Wrote:

Quote: (06-03-2021, 02:25 PM)fritz Wrote:

Notable differences to both the menu and icons, as well as the top tabbing being spaced correctly with multiple tabs open. AND, it looks okay with Tree Tabs.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Oh thanks, "notable" is subjective I guess, that's really not the kind of things I tend to notice :xd:

Quote:(06-03-2021, 04:42 PM)vittring Wrote:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

I have 50-60+ tabs open on a consistent basis, so I don't notice the full effects of the change, particularly the tab spacing.

Though, when I opened a separate session, It's certainly an Improvement. Looking further Into It, I may stand corrected with the comment In my first post.

Not really looking forward to my update. I guess it'll be waiting for me when I restart.