Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 445 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
SupremeBB Awards (WIP)

Quote:(05-14-2016, 08:52 PM)Inton Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (05-14-2016, 08:48 PM)BubbleBoy Wrote:

I use

for the icons, I have permission to use ALL the vectors I used in this design. I also draw up my own icons if it's something very specific.

If I am correct, which I do think I am right now. Then 99% of the vectors on that site falls under the category of a "standard license" which means it can only be used for educational, informative and/or entrainment purposes.

Quote: (05-14-2016, 08:52 PM)Jebusfathead Wrote:

Wtf. That's not what objective is. It's 100% not influenced by opinions, and I know that for definite. Being objective is the opposite of subjective, objective is where you look at something objectively, where you judge it without any pre exsisting bias.

It is what it is. First of all, "facts" as we state is only has a 99.9% chance of being accurate at best. Most "facts" aren't even close to that. Which is why objective views are based on what the majority agrees with. The majority agrees that the sky looks blue from the Earth, so we label it a fact. Even though we aren't certain, meaning it is not a fact. Its a agreed opinion by the majority. The only actual difference from subjective and objective is that one you use personal views, while the other you don't. Subjective being the personal one. When you look at say "whats good or bad" design, you go by what the majority believes if you want to use an objective view. Otherwise you'd be giving a subjective view.

Clashing design languages are noted by the majority to be a "bad choice" and generally a bad way to design. Tell me a single cooperation which uses clashing design languages in their apps, websites or anything really. My guess is that you cannot find one,as they avoid it seeing how it is "bad".

What you're talking about it objectiveness not based on facts, but more pseudo facts accepted by the majority. Which is still subjective. And that 'what's good or bad' example is completely wrong. The concepts of good and bad are purely 100% subjective, that is impossible to be objective with, there's literally no way you can objectively define good or bad, they are concepts, they are not solid tangible things, they change over time, they cannot be objective.

Quote:(05-14-2016, 08:44 PM)Jebusfathead Wrote:

But what if the style is subjective in that they want to use 2 clashing 'design languages' ?

Then it is by its very definition, a bad design. (If you don't believe me, then go as Google or Microsoft, they even made specific guides on how to avoid said topic.) There are good contrasts, and bad contrasts. Clashing design languages are bad ones, as it has no order to it, which design should always have some of. Art on the other doesn't need to have that, at least not modern art.

Quote:(05-14-2016, 09:12 PM)Inton Wrote:

Quote: (05-14-2016, 09:02 PM)Jebusfathead Wrote:

What you're talking about it objectiveness not based on facts, but more pseudo facts accepted by the majority. Which is still subjective. And that 'what's good or bad' example is completely wrong. The concepts of good and bad are purely 100% subjective, that is impossible to be objective with, there's literally no way you can objectively define good or bad, they are concepts, they are not solid tangible things, they change over time, they cannot be objective.

There's literally way to objectively prove that "life" is a thing either. Are you telling me that the concept of life is 100% subjective? Are you telling me the fact that Caesar is also a subjective opinion? As there is no way to objectively prove his existence. Objective views are based on everything but personal emotions. The majority and time.

Quote:(05-14-2016, 09:04 PM)BubbleBoy Wrote:

Free for non commercial use only, and some are for commercial use. You have the option to donate to author as well.

Mind linking to the exact URL of at least 2 of the icons then?

Quote:(05-14-2016, 09:04 PM)BubbleBoy Wrote:

Everything was made by me except for the crown, the crown I used the same vector I used for the Supreme design for the top of the site so the crown is consistent with the award.

Each of the icons, every last one of them were made by you? By hand? Everything within it? Then whats with the previous statement that you used the vectors from a site?

Yes sir! And the other vectors I mentioned were for either reference, or clients that ask for like 30+ awards.

If you want, I can make a youtube video of me drawing it out. I used paint brush, shapes, and vectorize using a special software.
Actually, that will be my next tutorial. I will make a couple of awards from scratch.

Quote:(05-14-2016, 09:19 PM)BubbleBoy Wrote:

If you want, I can make a youtube video of me drawing it out. I used paint brush, shapes, and vectorize using a special software.
Actually, that will be my next tutorial. I will make a couple of awards from scratch.

Then you really should read into the use of colors in smaller elements. Could be helpful in that regard, as it will help you avoid making horrible mistakes like clashing styles.

Literally everything about this forum is custom. So much cleaner than using typical icons you find online. These are much more trademarked to Supreme

Quote:(05-20-2016, 10:58 AM)GUEST Wrote:

Literally everything about this forum is custom. So much cleaner than using typical icons you find online. These are much more trademarked to Supreme :smile:

That's the idea, we've tried making everything as unique as possible.

I'm not sure if BubbleBoy is continuing with these. We'd like to get awards pretty soon so we can incorporate buy awards.

If we can actually get custom good looking awards that all have a similar theme that'd be awesome.

Quote:(05-20-2016, 05:38 PM)Nath Wrote:

I'm not sure if BubbleBoy is continuing with these. We'd like to get awards pretty soon so we can incorporate buy awards.

Ohhh, didn't you guys wanted more xD never got confirmation. I'll need a list of what you guys need